Home

MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 6
After not buying a baseball video game in the past 3 or 4 years I must say that I am pleased with 2k's game. I played the show demo yesterday and after playing 2k's today i would say that 2k isnt far away from being on the same level as the show. That said here are a few pluses and minuses with 2k11

Pluses
+ball coming off the bat felt good
+fielding feels very organic, no weird sliding motions
+sky and field look great

Negatives
-after the ball is hit I found it hard to see where the ball was. Especially pop ups and fly balls.
-shadows are too dark pixely. I know that's a minor gripe but I expected better.

After seriously considering selling all of my 360 stuff to get a ps3 and the show I will now be reconsidering. 2k has closed the gap, thats for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #202
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Man, I can't get over how good this variable strike zone feels. So much better for working the count, and it certainly makes pitching more challenging as well.

Just beat out a chopper with Andrus. That felt great as well
Old 03-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #203
Rookie

OVR: 6

Only have one thing to say after playing this. Its hard to understand how a company who made arguably one of if not the best sports game ever in NBA2k11 can put this out. I know it is another development team but I don't see how they get away with it every season for baseball.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #204
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm really liking all the negative comments from some people. Not giving an impression of what you thought of the game, but just having negative comments.

Anyway, I can't wait to get home tonight and play again. Hopefully the PS3 demo will be out by that time so I can play both. Either way I'll be picking this up. Can't wait to play MLB Today again. I loved that feature last year even though the gameplay had some issues.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #205
MVP

OVR: 28
Not a fan. Nothing has changed. The pitching mechanic is ludicrous, the hitting is terrible (what is the point of using the RS when you can just hold back then push forward as the ball comes in?). I saw instances where the OF would field a routine single then hold the ball. While attempting to take another base to see if the OF would throw the ball into the IF, the screen goes black and my next hitter walks to the plate?

Not to mention that my base runners run on fly balls with less than two outs. Just basic baseball logic is not implemented properly. I understand it is only a demo but 2K should realize the demo is a tool to try and sell the game. All it did was ruin any chance that I would make a purchase.

All of the items I have read with improved visuals. Yeah, not seeing it. The lighting is still way off and why is the scenery outside the stadium so blurry? I understand it is to create depth perception but wow.

The presentation was decent but why use the same music as NBA 2K11? How about something original? MLB 2K7 was the best 2K game for the current generation of consoles. Not sure what happened....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #206
Pro

OVR: 8

Is there a way to change difficulty or something? I've seen a handful of posts saying it is tougher to pitch yet with Sanchez (who has below average control at best) I had 19 out of 19 pitches for strikes...and this was trying to paint the edges - not just throwing down the middle...and the few pitches that were slightly outside the zone were swung at by the CPU - no patience at all...

Those of you that have walked people: Do you follow the catcher's choice 100% of the time? If so I could see a walk or two occurring only because they ask for pitches outside of the zone sometimes...otherwise I don't see how it happens...
Old 03-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #207
Rookie

emath's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noda11

After seriously considering selling all of my 360 stuff to get a ps3 and the show I will now be reconsidering. 2k has closed the gap, thats for sure.

Well, I will be playing the demo later tonight (PS3) when it is released. My feeling on your comment is, get the PS3, and you can have both as an option.

I already have the Show on pre order (it's a forgone conclusion for me), but if the demo of 2k11 is as good as everyone is saying (okay, as I read more, I see the demo isn't THAT great, but I will still give it a spin tonight), and the first couple of weeks reviews (of the actual game) don't expose all the BS that a 2k game usually has, I may end up going out and getting it by the end of March as well.

Last edited by emath; 03-01-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #208
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Anyone who thinks the pitching is still to accurate, try pitching with Barry Zito...wow....I'm all over the place with him and did walk one guy so far.

I also thought it was nice how it told me that Torrealba is a bad matchup vs. Zito, so that was a confidence booster
Ha...I was just going to post that in my little review (almost word for word). I didn't notice it my first couple of games, but with Zito I was a mess.

As for my early thoughts (kinda long-go figure):

Spoiler

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 03-01-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: clarified...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »