Home

MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Wow, the changing strike zone just happened big time for me.

I was down 0-2, let a pitch go on the outside that caught the plate, and it was called a BALL. Made me so happy haha. Ended up working the count to 3-2, fouled a ball off, and then used the defensive swing and got a bloop hit over the third baseman's head. SO GOOD!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #266
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

why does Huff have nomar garciaparra batting stance?

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 03-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #267
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltrain44
Dude, we are not supposed to be comparing the 2 games per the mod's. But since you posted this and it will get deleted anyway I will say that I always felt like I was more involved in 2k's game because of the analog controls and not just pressing a face button to pitch, hit and throw. how can face buttons be interactive? I don't know what else you would mean by that.
While you are correct about our anti Game Wars policy in the site TOS, please just report the post. No need to feed into the problem with a response.

Thanks!

Twitch Stream
Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #268
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltrain44
Dude, we are not supposed to be comparing the 2 games per the mod's. But since you posted this and it will get deleted anyway I will say that I always felt like I was more involved in 2k's game because of the analog controls and not just pressing a face button to pitch, hit and throw. how can face buttons be interactive? I don't know what else you would mean by that.
Not to get into a big comparison because I was just making a general statement but just the attention to detail that is there in the Show that 2K is missing. And hitting buttons is no less involved then random gestures on an analog stick that have nothing to do with baseball.

Oh, and about the not comparing thing. I responded to this originally as a comment to the story on the main page of the site, I always forget that those are connected with the forum.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #269
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I really like the demo.

Lost the first game 0-1 thanks to a run scored on a throwing error. I really like the new mechanic. Not overly difficult but adds a little tension to double plays and keeps you from sleeping on those routine tosses.

My second game was perfect 2-0. Even with the CPU cheating and finding the button that allowed it to put in a PH for the last at bat.

Improved hit variety and ball physics. Players also move at a more realistic speed to ball.
Singles to the gap.
Doubles are doubles now.
I even caught a pop up behind home plate which I don't think I ever saw in 2k10.

A few line drives at infielders but didn't see any football catches.
Didn't see any robo pitcher fielding.

CPU walked me once on pitches and twice intentionally.

Graphics look about the same but players are improved. Not improved with more polygons - just modeled more closely to their real life counterparts.

Lighting, as always, seems a bit off. It is like 2K turns the HDR up to 11. It probably does make it look closer to the harsh brights and contrast you see outside on a sunny day but I think it also highlights all the graphic imperfections. I think if they went for a more muted daylight lighting - closer to how it appears on TV - then it would look as good as the competition.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #270
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7

DL'd to my PS3 and have played three games and it's a huge improvement over last year's game. I don't think the graphics are all that bad (playing on an HDTV). Used classic controls for pitching and batting. Both improved over last year. Fielding is fun. Love the batting camera but as another mentioned have a hard time making out where the ball is after it's hit sometimes. Had a man on first and hit a single to right and tried to go from first to third and was thrown out by a mile. Obviously a shallow hit single but it was hard to decide just how deep the single was. Will take Jayhawkers advice and just keep my eye on the fielder next time. Turned several DP's. Hit one dinger (Audrey Huff). Pitch counts were very good for both me and CPU. Only gripe I have (and it's minor) is a framerate drop whenever ball is put in play on occasions. Other than that I'm very surprised it plays as good as it does. Comparing this demo with Ronnie's vid is like night and day. I'll still stick with the Show for my first purchase but I'm Gameflying this one too until a price drop and then maybe do the "Keep It" thing with them. 2K Baseball is a dog no more
Old 03-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #271
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow, I can't get over the difference in the strike zone. I got up on a batter 0-2, the CPU worked the count to 3-2 and got a single out of it. There were 2 pitches called balls that i thought were surely strikes.

It's so frustrating, but in a good way! haha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #272
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Colour me unimpressed.

What's with the framerate drop when there is a popup?? I thought 2K would have learned from this from earlier iterations of the game. Framerate issues have always been a problem with this game.

Graphics are not what I expect from a next generation game. Some of the player faces and likeliness are comical at best.

CPU picthed inside and the player responded by stepping away and towards the pitcher. This animation was sped up, and looked unatural.

On the positive, I like the new camera view after the ball is put into play. Fielding is improved. All types of hits and runs.

I don't understand how someone would buy this game over the Show if they have a PS3. Xbox only users I guess you are out of luck. Do yourselves a favour and buy a PS3 and the Show, if you want to see and play a really good baseball game.

We need MVP baseball to come back! Damnit!!

Last edited by Peter_OS; 03-01-2011 at 09:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »