Home

MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #425
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
Any chance we can get a separate PS3 Demo impressions thread? Because it seems like that console has some issues that I don't see on the 360.

It seems 2K has once again chosen to do a cheap import of their game to the PS3 because they don't think they can justify the expense. regardless of why, how it runs on the PS3 is of no importance to most of the people that are considering the game. And if they are considering it for the PS3, they deserve to have a rundown of the issues found on the PS3.

There doesn't seem to be a very efficient separation of who is playing what in this impressions thread.
I have not seen anything wrong with the ps3 version cause well that's what I have and the demo looks great and it's playing great...to me just from the demo everything about this demo is better than the full version of last years game...But yeah it would be great if we had a topic just for the ps3 users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #426
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
Any chance we can get a separate PS3 Demo impressions thread? Because it seems like that console has some issues that I don't see on the 360.

It seems 2K has once again chosen to do a cheap import of their game to the PS3 because they don't think they can justify the expense. regardless of why, how it runs on the PS3 is of no importance to most of the people that are considering the game. And if they are considering it for the PS3, they deserve to have a rundown of the issues found on the PS3.

There doesn't seem to be a very efficient separation of who is playing what in this impressions thread.
I think the PS3 version looks and runs ok enough...2k7, 2k10 and now 2k11 (demo) all look decent enough on Ps3. But I know from years past (IMO) 360 always looked much much better.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 03-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #427
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I maybe be out of the norm, but I will take fun over anything else.

I don't need have a game that is deeper then life itself. I'm getting older and have no time to put in a deep, deep game anymore, I wanna pick and play and have FUN.
You and I are in total agreement here. The game is just fun. 2K has always had that about them, they resort to the video game aspect of the game itself rather than the sport of it. This is completely fine with me. Though sometimes there are things that get in the way that make me say, "Man, I'm having fun with this, so why are you sticking your ugly head out right here in [name issue here]?" Like I said, I would have played 2K10 twenty times as much if I could actually swing at the ball in the allotted time I would input to swing, but it just didn't happen.

I will keep looking back to this game because it's a very easy fix to pop in here and there. I just don't know if I can justify spending $60 on this baseball title anymore though. I actually cringe doing that for any video game, but for this one it's an easy target for me to say that with. This is an excellent $30 title though, probably the best money can buy. I'm not saying this game is worth $30, but it gets that kind of fix from me.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #428
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I maybe be out of the norm, but I will take fun over anything else.

I don't need have a game that is deeper then life itself. I'm getting older and have no time to put in a deep, deep game anymore, I wanna pick and play and have FUN.
I think that is why 2k11 will appeal to many because it is baseball "lite"!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #429
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I think that is why 2k11 will appeal to many because it is baseball "lite"!
Potentially yes, I could see that. I'm not a huuuuuge baseball guy like some of the folks on here, but this game just doesn't cut it for me and I'm so happy the other option exists.

I really can't put my finger on it, but this game just feels awkward. Incredibly unresponsive in all aspects - I never feel like I'm fully in control.

I do like the lighting, stadium graphics and I also actually really like that batting view, but absolutely nothing else stood out to me as being good or polished in the slightest.

At the same time, it does seem to be extremely simple to pick up and play, which could help them sell copies, and hey, maybe that's what they were going for.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #430
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

People who keep saying the User Pitching Camera makes the ball look floaty. That's been an issue when using the behind the Pitcher Camera for a while. If you use the behind the Hitter Pitching Camera, it's not an issue.

And to tell you the truth, it's not that bad in the DEMO.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #431
Rookie

OVR: 3

Can you change settings other than Total Control Batting and Pitching?

Also, why does it tell you what pitch the CPU is throwing? Can it be turned off and how?

Also, can human baserunning be changed to auto on the Retail version?

I have the PS3 version

Thx

Last edited by Jetsfan44; 03-02-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #432
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan44
Can you change settings other than Total Control Batting and Pitching?

Also, why does it tell you what pitch the CPU is throwing? Can it be turned off and how?

Also, can human baserunning be changed to auto on the Retail version?

I have the PS3 version

Thx
Yes you can change that stuff. Press start, then i think it's the R stick that lets you go to options, there you'll see what you can and can't change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »