Home

MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #433
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Yes you can change that stuff. Press start, then i think it's the R stick that lets you go to options, there you'll see what you can and can't change.
The demo doesn't allow you to change any options except for your control type.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #434
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Your right, i misread his question.

He can turn off batters eye though!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #435
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Impressions on PS3:

Game graphics are not as bad as what I've been reading. It does have the "jaggies" but not a game breaker. I definitely saw much more improvements from last year's version that others have said and identified. However, there's also still those nagging issues that others brought up which I saw is prevalent from years past. This unfortunately is a "red flag".

I actually enjoyed it, but there's one last area that still needs to be identified from the final product and that's the franchise Sim stats. Last year's game had a plethora of sim stat errors that were just not realistic, whether it was starting pitching or closer stat results. If this area shows improvements, or shows somewhat realistic, then I will definitely purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #436
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
In the Retail version, is there an option for Auto Baserunning?

Thx!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #437
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
They haven't gotten it right enough, because fans of their frakkin' game continue to "keep an eye on" 2K, and have "high hopes" because "competition is good". In the mean time, some of us would rather talk about the game itself, and not how it stacks up.

We don't need little reminders about the other game. Believe me, it has a presence at OS that makes it impossible to ignore. It wouldn't bother me if guys just talked about how the demo didn't measure up for them and move on. But the conversation just keep going on and on and leading right here. And that's what it was always about.

The fact is, my opinion of that game is of no interest to fans of that game, and I don't post in their forums about it.
When I said "certain companies" I wasn't referring to SCEA at all, in fact I wasn't even talking about video games. I was just talking about technology itself, and how some things just stay behind the curve as time goes on. Sorry if that sounded like I was making a backhanded comment. I'll address companies by their names; saying "that other game" doesn't change the fact that you're still actually talking about that other game.

I'm careful not to make comparisons here, so yeah I definitely wasn't referring to SCEA.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #438
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Is this still the impressions thread on the 2k11 demo or is this a what 2k should do thread? Just curios...

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 03-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #439
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39

SCEA gives us new and old options, 2K forces new options on us without giving us the option to go back. Listening to the fans did not mean having to completely blow up what 2K8 was. That was a decision they made.

You can't tell me listening to your consumers is a bad thing. You'll never convince me of that. Madden on these consoles made its biggest jump forward when they made a bigger effort to interact with their community. Its tried and true and is often a criticism of all 2K games, including the genre-defining NBA 2K series.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk
What NEW Options has 2k forced on people, while taking old ones out? Also what makes people think 2K doesn't listen to the criticism they get from the gaming community? Just because they don't interact with the community like other developer's do.

We've seen/heard Sean Bailey say they have listened to the community & this will be reflected in this years game.

And from everything we've seen/heard from previews this is true..
Old 03-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #440
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Back to impressions.....

I'm still enjoying the demo. They seem to have fixed the problems I had with 2K10, so I think I'm going to be pretty happy this year. The graphics aren't perfect, and the shadow jaggies would be my biggest complaint. However, the gameplay is good, and that's what I'm the most concerned about.

For those saying the AI is too aggressive at the plate, I have to disagree. The AI takes plenty of strikes, and yet they will chase as well. Seems like a good balance.

Pasta padre made a game play video of the demo, and though it's only one inning you can clearly see that the AI is not overly aggressive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42tj5ZAY5OY

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »