Home

MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #465
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Simpson
I was frustrated that the wrong OF seemed to get picked to chase down a gapper.
How "wrong" was it? Was it where one guy was on screen and the other guy was (no pun intended) way out in left field? Or did one just seem closer than the other and you thought that closer one should have been chosen?

Because I remember in 2K4 (and it carried over for at least the Kush titles since then), Blue Shift implemented a certain "logic" on which guy to choose, based on who they thought could get to the ball first and catch it with the most ability based on their ratings, not just their proximity. Are you sure it maybe wasn't just this?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #466
MVP

OVR: 13

I have a question.

Why is it that i am able to move the dark circle on the k zone with my L stick while i'm batting and what exactly is that circle for, i know it has something to do with batters eye as it came on when i selected that option.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #467
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
I have a question.

Why is it that i am able to move the dark circle on the k zone with my L stick while i'm batting and what exactly is that circle for, i know it has something to do with batters eye as it came on when i selected that option.
I thought the left stick was used to influence a hit, no? Speaking of analog by the way.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #468
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
I have a question.

Yes, it's the batter's eye. What's your question again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I thought the left stick was used to influence a hit, no? Speaking of analog by the way.
And speaking of which, I think influenced hitting is backwards again this year. As in, to lift the ball aim the stick downward, and to go oppo as a righty aim to the left.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #469
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Liked it, didn't love it. Just played one game though.

Can we sub in the demo?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #470
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKermit
I feel like I'm playing an entirely different game than everyone else.

I'm getting ROCKED in pitching. I lost 14-1 in my first game with Zito on the mound. Seventeen hits in three innings? I know Zito sucks, but come on. On an 0-2 count, Borbon lines an outside slider into right for a double? Really? Derrek Holland capped off a list of 5 straight singles. In my second game, Brandon Webb bunted for a base hit. I feel like the 2K series had an issue in the past where the AI would just suddenly decide it was going to rattle off a ridiculous rally. I've had to have a mound visit during 5 of the 6 innings I've played so far. Andrus also dragged a bunt on me, the throw beat him easily with Huff standing on the bag, and he was called safe.

Outfielder selection is horrible. I had a fly ball hit into the gap between Burrell and Torres. The ball wasn't more than 15-20 feet from Burrell, and Torres wasn't even on the screen, yet I was given default control of Torres, so it landed for a ground-rule double.

I've also seen the glitch that someone mentioned earlier. Cody Ross fielded a ball off the wall, and the game treated it like a dead ball. The runner couldn't advance, and I couldn't throw the ball back in.

Burrell "warped" to a fly ball. Not got sucked into an animation. Disappeared from where he was standing and reappeared on the yellow circle.

I don't feel like I have ANY time to make a play in the infield, and double play animations feel like they lag. Get the damn ball out of your mitt, Tejada.

I'm seeing framerate issues, too. The people saying they're sure 2K fixed it before the final build are a lot more optimistic than I am.

The default batting camera is bad. The pitcher looks like he's standing behind the mound, and I can't stand how the overlay covers the top of my hitters.

One time, the swing analyzer claimed I had a "very late swing," but I was way out in front of a pitch. In fact, I think the only feedback I'm getting is "late swing," yet I'm almost always out in front.

Is there a check swing?

And, yes, there are DEFINITELY jaggies on the players' shadows, as someone already mentioned. It's clear as day on close-ups of the pitcher.

I REALLY want to like this game, as this is one of the few series that makes it a reasonable effort to be able to draw walks. But I'm terribly disappointed. I'm sure this is going to generate a lot of "SUCK LESS" responses, but I've played the 2K series forever, and I can't get anyone out.

Wow, I don't know what to say. I have been playing the game like crazyyyy last night. Even went as far as just pitching fastball right down the middle! I wanted to try the new fielding mechanics and I STILL struck a few people out even looking! The game was tied 0-0 though lol. Maybe, you have your in game default on the 360( assuming you have the 360) on hard. I will try that tonight. I heard many people say it is like night and day!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #471
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Yes, it's the batter's eye. What's your question again?

And speaking of which, I think influenced hitting is backwards again this year. As in, to lift the ball aim the stick downward, and to go oppo as a righty aim to the left.
Ok so L stick influences hit direction but what is the dark circle when i enable batters eye and what is reason for me being able to move it around, i don't understand.

On a side note why is Tejada white ?? Let me refrace that, when did he turn white.

Last edited by tvman; 03-02-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #472
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Are you sure? I'm positive it wasn't like that last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »