Home

MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #481
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakDodge15
is it really only for gold memebers?
Yes it is and Silver members can download it soon but Tuesday will soon be here and you wont need the demo
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by BSUFAN; 03-02-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #482
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Yes it is but Tuesday will soon be here and you wont need the demo
Friday this time. Free weekend.

2 more questions...

Did they fix the ridiculous ammount of pick off attempts when a runner is on 2nd?

Did they fix the randomly assigned errors?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #483
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Played the demo three times last night. I don't know if it is where my 360 Profile is set to Hard difficulty settings or what, but I lost all 3 games. First one was 0-5 when i was getting used to the game. I was the Giants. Walked my very first batter which was pretty cool. I gae up 3 runs that inning before I got the pitching down, or so I thought...

Game 2 was terrible. I lost 18-0. My infield never made one play smoothly, every time a ball was hit, it was either a gapper or an error. All my outs came from strikeouts or fly outs in the outfield. It also didn't help that Barry Zito was terrible inaccurate. Some pitches that were really close to MAX Pitch were all the way across from the plate where I targeted. I know the cursor is the break spot to, and that is what I used last year, but even fastballs were opposite of what I had in mind. One instance was where I threw a fastball that was aimed high and outside, but landed in the dirt inside. I know I didn't get a bad gesture and it wasn't weak or overthrown, just terrible inaccurate.

Game 3 I lost 4-0. I pitched better. Only gave up runs because of errors and one solo HR. I still haven't seen a CPU error, only 50,000 from my SF Giants, but its only been three games. I still need to work on my hitting. I am not getting the too early or too late feedbacks, I am not getting anything. My timing is right, but there have been many cases where the swing was on time, just way way off target. I don't know if it was a fluke last night, but I couldn't hit because the AI was swinging 6+ inches over everything for me even though I was timing it right.

Hopefully tonight will be a different story. I may try the Rangers and see if I can actually hit.

EDIT: Not going good so far. I've given up 4 runs so far through the top of the 1st. I realyl am not liking Zito at all. It started out nice with a ground ball for an out, but then they hit one right over the infield, then another, then one off the wall, the a HR. I am pitching near perfect pitches in the suggested zones, its just not working for me at all and feels sort of cheep.

Now I just went up and struck out swinging twice and grounded out. On the end of inning replay my swing was on time, just 6 inches over the ball. Seriously thinking about not getting this after all.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one getting crushed.

- Mike Royko
Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #484
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKermit
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one getting crushed.
Its strange because in last years game I had to make the game really hard on myself to get good results, but now in this demo I can't get a hit. I have I think maybe 5 hits in the 4 games I have played, yet I have given up 30 runs and score none myself.

― Plato
Old 03-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #485
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I was only able to play two games (360) last night and had quite a bit of fun. I guess I don't nitpick as much as many others here do, but I didn't see nearly as many problems as everyone else. Then again I only played two "games". The only real "problems" I had was OF play (something I'm sure I'll get more used to once I play the game more) and pick-offs. I played and coached baseball in college and notice a lot of the little things wrong with the game, but I understand that it's a video game and will never mimic real life 100%. The real test for me will be Franchise and My Player modes, the latter of which I played exensively. 475+ games. I can handle some small graphical hiccups and stupid/hilarious things happening if I'm having fun, which I did with 2k10.

Love the new post-contact camera.
Love the new throwing meter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #486
Banned

OVR: 0

For folks getting crushed, it is due to having your Xbox 360 set to Hard in your Game Default settings. If you move it back to Normal, the game will play far easier.

I don't think the game is tuned well on hard at all. But it does tell me that there is some room to really craft a strong gameplay feel with sliders. I really like how the level CPU assist to the fielders is adjustable.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #487
Rookie

OVR: 3
I really liked it for the PS3, and seems like a viable option again.

Specifically, the pitcher/batter interface are really smooth and realistic, and hitting really feels like hitting. Much better than The Show demo which is just brutal to hit with, even with the old controls. Analog hitting is vastly smoother in 2K.

Fielding and baserunning are much better that 2K08 (which was the last version I played before they released garbage for the PS3 the last 2 years) but I still had some minor issues with each.

Graphically it's great up close, awful far away, Do we know if this is 720 or 1080? Maybe changing my setting will make it look better.

Also, it's still buggy, I hit a HR just over the left center field wall and the Giants OF went through the wall and caught it for a 2-run homer and fly out at the same time!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #488
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
For folks getting crushed, it is due to having your Xbox 360 set to Hard in your Game Default settings. If you move it back to Normal, the game will play far easier.

I don't think the game is tuned well on hard at all. But it does tell me that there is some room to really craft a strong gameplay feel with sliders. I really like how the level CPU assist to the fielders is adjustable.
How do you change it to normal? That's an interesting find.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »