Home

MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #65
All Star

OVR: 35
re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

MVP 05 and High Heat comparisons? If the fielding is similar to MVP 05, then I may be sold on it. Must resist temptation to take a 1/2 hour off of work and play the demo...must wait until end of the day...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #66
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Well I can tell the difference already. I have only played 3 games, but things have moved in the right direction. I played 80 games in franchise last year on 360 and still have 2k10 on my pc.

1. It's pretty evident that if the difficulty level was higher, placing your pitch would not be as simple.

2. I love the hitting cam, and how it truly shows the play in real time after the ball is hit.

3. The fielding feels much smoother to me, and the OF circle was not overdone for outfielders based off of their ability( I was scared it would be)

4. The only time I saw any type of framedrop was a pop up straight behind the plate, and it was minimal(assuming this will not be an issue in the final build)

I am pretty pleased with the improvements so far, and am sure will be even more so when the retail version hits next week. This is not to say the game is perfect, as I still saw infielders sprinting back to their position and some overall little quirks in the players motions.

****For those who are seeing a delay when pitching****

You have to let him come to a complete stop in his stretch. If your pitcher is in a stretch, let his glove come to a complete stop, then start your motion, and you should see no delay at all.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 03-01-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #67
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by selahsdaddy
You still can pinpoint pitches for the most part....I feel the difference is that pitches on the corners are not always called strikes now. I literally was placing every pitch with Lincecum where I wanted it to go....
Dude, Tim Lincecum is one of the best pitchers in the game, you should be able to do that with him! You shouldn't be able to do that with their 4th or 5th starter.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #68
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Well I can tell the difference already. I have only played 3 games, but things have moved in the right direction. I played 80 games in franchise last year on 360 and still have 2k10 on my pc.

1. It's pretty evident that if the difficulty level was higher, placing your pitch would not be as simple.

2. I love the hitting cam, and how it truly shows the play in real time after the ball is hit.

3. The fielding feels much smoother to me, and the OF circle was not overdone for outfielders based off of their ability( I was scared it would be)

4. The only time I saw any type of framedrop was a pop up straight behind the plate, and it was minimal(assuming this will not be an issue in the final build)

I am pretty pleased with the improvements so far, and am sure will be even more so when the retail version hits next week. This is not to say the game is perfect, as I still saw infielders sprinting back to their position and some overall little quirks in the players motions.
Thanks man, I value your opinion. I like what I'm hearing about the gameplay.

It's good to hear that the framerate drop is rare and only on fouls. It doesn't really sound like a big issue.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS

****For those who are seeing a delay when pitching****

You have to let him come to a complete stop in his stretch. If your pitcher is in a stretch, let his glove come to a complete stop, then start your motion, and you should see no delay at all.
Okay, thanks. I'll try that out later.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #70
Rookie

I hear people complain/compliment about things like the catcher throwing back to the pitcher, the pitcher walking around the mound, batters stepping out, etc... I'm just curious how many people actually leave that stuff turned on. Personally i just want to play the game. I always turn on the hurry up mode. I don't want a 9 inning game to take 2+ hours (or even an hour for that matter). To me that's what makes High Heat one the best baseball games ever. You could play a whole game in 20 minutes! If the pitcher/batter interface is good, there is realism (injuries, errors, etc...) and fielding is good i'm happy.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #71
Banned

Redemption's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15 Step
One problem I noticed was that in one of the games I played (and mysteriously this problem wasn't in the other four I played), there was a problem with the pitching system. After I picked my pitch but before I could throw it, there was a little delay that caused me to throw each pitch improperly. For example, the basic fastball is just down and then up on the right joystick, which is simple enough. During this game, I would press A to pick fastball, and then I would press down and then up, only it wouldn't register the "down" part of the joystick movement so it only picked up me pushing up with the joystick, which obviously caused me to throw a poor-quality fastball. Anybody else have this problem?
I believe it was the pitcher you were using. Some pitchers take longer to come "set" and you can't attempt to throw the pitch until they do (As a Yankee fan, I had this problem with Mo last year until I realized what was going on).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 8

I gotta say, I thought it felt great.

Positive:
  • The new cameras for both offense and defense are welcome!
  • The pitching still is the king of analog controls. And I am usually a Show fanboy, but I have to admit, 2K owns the analog system.
  • The player faces and models look VASTLY improved. Barry Zito looks perfect, right down to his broad shoulders. Buster Posey looked perfect as well. The only player I felt was 'off' was Josh Hamilton, who seemed a bit too skinny.
  • The lighting, the graphics, the sound...all improved.
  • Variable umpire was very noticeable and welcome.
  • The broadcast angle was dead on!
Negative:
  • I saw two botched plays in 3 innings.
  • The default pitch speed is agonizingly slow and un-realistic.
  • Can't change any settings
  • The Ball Trail is still on by default.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »