Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2011, 04:51 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Sauce
Sorry if this has been touched on before.

Does anyone know how to cover 1st as a pitcher in this game? When there's a grounder to 1st, my pitcher won't/can't move to cover 1st, and the runner will end up being safe. I can move freely on any other play, just not on grounders to first. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
I have this problem too...im just stuck at the mound
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #122
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
I have been having a blast with my player. Now that you can use custom sliders, and also control trading this mode is a winner.

More on my two careers to come. . .
Old 04-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 0

by far this is the best mode in the game until a patch is released its been a great experience so far overall!!! I'm a LF overall 81 in my first year about to start the playoffs against the cardnails
Old 04-11-2011, 03:14 AM   #124
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Started a new one as a 1B a couple days ago and am doing much better. I'm trying to make this one a little more realistic and intentionally not get called up until after the first season. I'm leaving a couple of the ratings goals incomplete so hopefully it works.

Right now I'm hitting around .350 with 8 homers and 32 RBI midway through July. My goal with this player (Luke Slaughter) is to at least get 500 homers in his career, so I'm focusing on power and that's about it right now. His ovr is around a 64, with power ratings of 76 against RHP and 67 against LHP.

I'm also thinking about creating another player, maybe a CF, and doing the opposite and trying to get 3000 career hits and maybe go for the stolen base record.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 04-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #125
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Do certain motions/windups add/subtract velocity from your pitches, or the consistency to where velocity is reached?

I was using Jeff Francis' windup and although my fastball was rated with a 92 velocity I was often only hitting 88/89.

Now I've switched to a full over-hand windup and am hitting 90 almost everytime, and maxing out sometimes at my 93 rating which is my cieling thus far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 03:01 AM   #126
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm having the most insane series I've ever had hitting wise on any video game ever. Three games in, my player is 17-17 with 8 home runs, 6 doubles, 2 triples, a single, and 14 RBI. I also hit for the cycle in one of the games, I stopped at first base when I could have had a double as the last hit lol.

I'm still in shock. I had stopped playing for a while because I went into a huge slump, and I just picked it up tonight and had the timing down perfectly. I still can't believe it.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 04-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
I'm having the most insane series I've ever had hitting wise on any video game ever. Three games in, my player is 17-17 with 8 home runs, 6 doubles, 2 triples, a single, and 14 RBI. I also hit for the cycle in one of the games, I stopped at first base when I could have had a double as the last hit lol.

I'm still in shock. I had stopped playing for a while because I went into a huge slump, and I just picked it up tonight and had the timing down perfectly. I still can't believe it.
I went on a hot streak in spring training and got a ratings boost, so I was doing the same things. I had 18 homers in ST, and somehow still didn't make the opening day roster for the majors. Even though I have all my call up goals finished.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #128
Rookie

PutridExistence's Arena

OVR: 0

First time visitor, so hello everyone. I just bought MLB 2K11 this morning and I'm loving it, however, I have a few questions. First off, I want my player to throw left handed, but no matter which position I choose, he always throws right handed. I picked left handed when making him, but the game forced him to be right handed because "some positions require that your player throw right handed". Secondly, some of the options in the my player edit aren't saving, or are being changed. For example, I chose for my player to have long sleeves under his uniform in cold weather, and no sleeves for hot weather, but it doesn't save it the way I want it to. I'm thinking maybe my file is corrupt or something. Should I start over? Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »