Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

"
Sorry if this has been touched on before.

Does anyone know how to cover 1st as a pitcher in this game? When there's a grounder to 1st, my pitcher won't/can't move to cover 1st, and the runner will end up being safe. I can move freely on any other play, just not on grounders to first. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?"

does anyone know the solution?

do u need a certain rating to do this??
Old 05-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 0

I second the idea of having some kind of say in when i come out of the game. It's getting annoying to pitch 7 great innings, and be forced to stay in the game until you load the bases. If i suddenly give up 2 straight hits in the 8th, i should be gone, especially with 60 Stamina! At least enable the Select button for a mound visit or something!

I registered here just to bring that up.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #131
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneniq
"
Sorry if this has been touched on before.

Does anyone know how to cover 1st as a pitcher in this game? When there's a grounder to 1st, my pitcher won't/can't move to cover 1st, and the runner will end up being safe. I can move freely on any other play, just not on grounders to first. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?"

does anyone know the solution?

do u need a certain rating to do this??
It's a bug that will hopefully be fixed in the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi, i am really close to finish my last call up goall but my player is still pretty weak (68 overall). Whats the best? going up to the major now? or not achieved the last goal to stay on the minor longer and get a better player?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #133
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Just made a starting pitcher and randomly selected the White Sox as my team.

What do you guys like to work on skill wise for your starting pitchers? I think control is a big priority for me, since you have like none when you first start. Been pumping all my skill points into control of my pitches so I can better attack batters.

I have a fastball, changeup, and 12-6 curve. I'll probably add a slider and a two-seam fastball later on.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
Just made a starting pitcher and randomly selected the White Sox as my team.

What do you guys like to work on skill wise for your starting pitchers? I think control is a big priority for me, since you have like none when you first start. Been pumping all my skill points into control of my pitches so I can better attack batters.

I have a fastball, changeup, and 12-6 curve. I'll probably add a slider and a two-seam fastball later on.
Don't even worry about adding another pitch until you are a pretty good SP already. it's better to have 3 above average pitches than 4 average/below-average ones.

But what I like to do is make my FB speed about 93MPH so everything I throw is above 90MPH for the most part. Make stamina 70+ so you can go deeper in games and aren't struggling with control in the 5th inning .. And control is big too since you can actually walk batters in this game! Also always have contact vs RHB higher than vs LHB because the majority of batters you face will be RHB.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #135
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjeter76
Don't even worry about adding another pitch until you are a pretty good SP already. it's better to have 3 above average pitches than 4 average/below-average ones.

But what I like to do is make my FB speed about 93MPH so everything I throw is above 90MPH for the most part. Make stamina 70+ so you can go deeper in games and aren't struggling with control in the 5th inning .. And control is big too since you can actually walk batters in this game! Also always have contact vs RHB higher than vs LHB because the majority of batters you face will be RHB.
I second this. This has been my approach to developing my MyPlayer.

I have been putting most my emphasis on fastball velocity, control, and movement...plus stamina.

I currently have 74 stamina, and a 70 ovr fastball which sits at 94mph.

My 2nd pitch is a 58 rated power curve, and my 3rd pitch a 56 rated change.

I have also put major emphasis on success vs RHB. This is well above 60, whereas my success vs LHB is 58.

I am using the Jake Peavy windup as well....

But I continue to play with windups till I find my most favorite one. Peavy's is probably the 6th windup I have tested out. I will not change the windup once I am called up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 01:32 AM   #136
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
I just switched to James Shields' delivery and love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »