Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #169
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andonly
Is there any way in hell to become a closer by the age of 40?

It seems I rarely get in, so I can never get any skill points, i'm now 24 years old (I started at 19) and am still only the setup man because i'm only a 72 overall.

This is such bull****
lol i had a closer at 68 and he played i got like 200-400 pts most games
Old 07-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #170
Rookie

For those of you using pitchers, what camera are you using in the minors?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #171
Rookie

Hey there!

Just started playing the game for about a month or so...and just recently got my player in the majors (SP) and was selected to be in the All Star game...but on the calendar it skipped right over it. Do you ever get to play in the All star game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #172
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent1816
Hey there!

Just started playing the game for about a month or so...and just recently got my player in the majors (SP) and was selected to be in the All Star game...but on the calendar it skipped right over it. Do you ever get to play in the All star game?
Your player was on the roster but didn't play
Old 07-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #173
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

I started a My Player recently as a SS on the Mariners. I consider myself to be pure power SS as well as a doubles hitter. For me, it feels like I either hit doubles or strikeout. With AA Jackson, I played 50 games, with 25 doubles, 14 homers, 56 RBI, and a .338 average. I got the call on August 5th, and was up and down the whole season with the Mariners. I started off hitting well, then went into a long cold streak, but at the end of September, I changed my stance and got into a groove. Overall, it took a while to adjust to major league pitching, and I ended the season with 20 doubles, only 3 homers, 18 RBI, and a .257 AVG through 50 games, mostly batting 6th or 7th. I also struck out 52 times. During the season, the Mariners made a blockbuster pitching trade, sending Felix Hernandez, Jason Vargas, and Doug Fister to the A's for Brett Anderson, Gio Gonzalez, and Dallas Braden. We didn't make the playoffs, and I'm looking to be traded to a contending team as soon as possible. Now, as of spring training, I have 66 contact vs LHP and RHP and 68 pwr vs LHP and RHP. I don't consider myself a good fielder (18 errors last season), although I do have 68 throwing accuracy, 68 arm strength, 67 fld. anticipation, and 67 fld. range. I'm not a very fast runner either (66 spd.), as I got caught a combined 27 times on 32 attempts between AA and the majors . Currently, I'm about to play my 8th Spring Training game, against the Padres.

Last edited by philliesfan136; 07-24-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #174
Banned

picked short stop and played the first yr with the A's and won the world series

moved over to cubs after it not sure of playing it anymore gets boring after a year
Old 07-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 10

My centerfielder for the nationals is playin pretty solidly in harrisburg at the moment. its tough creating a leadoff hitter in this game, because baserunning skill points are harder to attain than the other categories, and because while youre building up the speed and whatnot, youre stuck with a slow guy who hits for contact. Right now, after 38 games, hes hitting .333 with 2 hrs and 34 rbis and 7 Sb's, even though i only have 69 speed. hopefully i get called up soon, which i should seeing how not in the playoffs the nationals are gonna be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im on the Mets on my player in my second year and i want to get traded because they lost reyes and other players and the only way i can win is getting a shutout or driving in the runs myself.When can i ask for a trade?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »