Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #33
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
My Pitcher will have a blinding fastball, Tiger DNA and Adonis blood!

Sounds like a WINNER!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #34
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphadox
When you are a position player on defence...does it only show you on the field when the ball is coming to you.....that's so weak if thats the only option.

Yes, that's the only option. It super sims all the parts you're not personally involved in and joins game action when the ball is going to head in your direction. You can usually finish a game in 5-10 minutes if you're a position player.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:10 AM   #35
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Game is a blast but man with this face editor/hair/facial hair selection I can't make my guy look like anything more then a malnourished crackhead that decided to pick up a baseball bat and a concussion helmet and take a couple of swings.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 03:20 AM   #36
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
Game is a blast but man with this face editor/hair/facial hair selection I can't make my guy look like anything more then a malnourished crackhead that decided to pick up a baseball bat and a concussion helmet and take a couple of swings.
hahaha. NBA 2k is the only sports game I can make a guy look anything like me.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 6

MLB 2k11 hasn't made much of an improvement in My Player Mode. It actually seems to be exactly like last years mode. You pick the team you want to be on (no draft) and there are no off field interactions. You would think that MLB 2k11 would follow the footsteps of NBA 2k11 and provide some off field interactions, sponsors, and even maybe a "Create Your Own Cleats" feature, but none of that was added into the game. Instead, you create a player, pick a team, try to succeed in a "clutch moment" in AA, and continue on with trying to make the Major Leagues. As we all know, after your first season in the big leagues, the mode then gets stale and boring. I'm crossing my fingers that EA Sports has been working on a baseball game, so that once 2k Sports ends their licensing with the MLB, EA can release a baseball game that will FINALLY give MLB The Show some competition. Oh EA Sports, please don't let me down!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #38
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Press Y when picking a team

@AdamdotH
Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #39
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12

Can someone answer this for me. Is it possible to make the team by simming ur spring games??. I have tried over and over and they keep kicking me to AA. All my stats are up to 70's and I'm even better than the CF they have and much younger. I ask this because I really wanna play in the big league before I type a paper due tomorrow and I used my 2 off days from work to cram in time and even skipped class(one more abscence and I can kiss that 2 grand goodbye). Can someone please answer asap. I don't wanna play more games and it be for nothing.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #40
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

I'm getting to the point where I can't continue with my Starting Pitcher in My Player. I'm constantly being started on less than 4 days rest, I'm left in games when I'm over my "pitch limit area" even though I'm getting lit up, and they never pinch hit for me when it's the 7th inning and I'm in my "pitch limit area". Especially with guys on. Earlier tonight I was down to 5 stamina, yet they left me in to give up a few runs. THEN they started me on 2 days rest, but thanks to the fatigue problem, I was back to 98 stamina. Just because I'm in the middle of a shutout doesn't mean I should be left in when my guy is completely gassed in the 7th or 8th inning, especially in AA in July. I'll probably have to move back to a position player until they decide to fix this moronic AI logic. Seriously, does anyone who has any sort of baseball track record work on this game? I've pitched in 10 games and have probably been left in too long in 5 or 6 of them. A few times I've been yelling at my television for them to take me out, but it rarely happens for a few batters after things start going bad. Only once was I taken out when I felt I should be, which was after 4 and 2/3 innings and I had given up 3 runs and thrown 70 pitches with my stamina low.

/end rant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »