Home

Player facial features altered?

This is a discussion on Player facial features altered? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player facial features altered?

Just started my Brewers franchise. In my first spring training game against the cubs, for example, Jonathan Lucroy is shown walking up to the batter's box, and he apparently shaved his head and got facial reconstruction surgery because his normal face, with full head of brown hair is now a generic different player face and bald. Same for some of my pitchers such as Brewers AAA pitcher Michael Fiers. I had the same issue with 2K11 with Craig Counsell for example. I'm not sure if this is something that only happens during spring training or what.

Anyone else noticing this with any of their players? Any comments and suggestions are much appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2012, 04:52 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Player facial features altered?

It's a known bug and was in last year's game as well. Can't remember what sets it off though, has something to do with sending players to the minors and then bringing them back up maybe...?
Old 03-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Your MLB roster has more than 25 players. When that happens, say you have 27 men on your MLB roster, 2 random players are picked to lose their cyberface. Don't know why that is, but it's easily fixable. Generally, it works best if you bring all MLB rosters down to 25 men BEFORE you start a franchise and then save the roster.

Also, injured player are still considered apart of your 25 man rosters. So when someone gets hurt and you bring someone up there's technically 26 men on your roster. So be sure there are ONLY 25 names on the MLB roster...

Try it and let me know...
Old 03-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Your MLB roster has more than 25 players. When that happens, say you have 27 men on your MLB roster, 2 random players are picked to lose their cyberface. Don't know why that is, but it's easily fixable. Generally, it works best if you bring all MLB rosters down to 25 men BEFORE you start a franchise and then save the roster.

Also, injured player are still considered apart of your 25 man rosters. So when someone gets hurt and you bring someone up there's technically 26 men on your roster. So be sure there are ONLY 25 names on the MLB roster...

Try it and let me know...
question Detroit,
Say to get the roster down to 25 again after an injury brough it up to 26 guys, I send the guy down to AAA, what if he has a rehab assignment scheduled for when he is close to returning, will that get all wonky?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm not sure, I haven't tested it that deeply this year or last year. I just know that you must ONLY have 25 men on your active (MLB) roster. Just go to your manage roster screen and count; if there are more than 25 names regardless of any status or whatever, then you will get the bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwilldred27
Just started my Brewers franchise. In my first spring training game against the cubs, for example, Jonathan Lucroy is shown walking up to the batter's box, and he apparently shaved his head and got facial reconstruction surgery because his normal face, with full head of brown hair is now a generic different player face and bald. Same for some of my pitchers such as Brewers AAA pitcher Michael Fiers. I had the same issue with 2K11 with Craig Counsell for example. I'm not sure if this is something that only happens during spring training or what.

Anyone else noticing this with any of their players? Any comments and suggestions are much appreciated!
Did you have injuries at the time? Guys on the DL?

That's important, let me explain;

This bug occurs for exactly the reason DetroitStyle mentioned. When you put a player on the DL they are still considered on the team. So technically you then have 26 guys, and 1 poor soul gets the "generic bald face" because the game engine only recognizes the first 25 faces when loading up the stadium and player images for a game.

It should still cover you for 40 players instead of 25 players during SpringTraining and during September call-ups however. Of course this bug could occur because an injured guy could then make your roster 41 players.

Lets say you had 2 injuries. Then you technically had 42 players on your roster. And 2 of those guys randomly get this "Bald head generic face." Probably the most recently promoted. Hence why you noticed some guys normally in AAA all of a sudden had this generic face.

The trick is to ALWAYS demote any DL players to A, AA, or AAA. That way you ALWAYS have 25 men on your MLB roster and wont have to see the bald generic faces. (During ST and September keep it at 40 players or less.)

If you had no injuries what so ever, and still are seeing the generic bald heads.... than the cause of this bug is not as DetroitStyle and I understand it.

Last edited by kpkpkp; 03-27-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 46

great explanation, this should help.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

I turned off injuries for my franchise and Axford and Lucroy both have generic heads. I do remember that I'm using MKHarsh's roster, which had Corey Hart in AAA, so I had to send someone down for him to come up but my roster was never bigger than 25.

The real issue has yet to be revealed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »