Home

MLB 2K12 Cover Art Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Cover Art Revealed within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #41
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 2K12 Cover Art Revealed

I think the cover looks good. Too bad it will be the only thing that is good about this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #42
Banned

Ceteris Paribus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Like Kenny said this looks more like a cover for an arcade baseball title then a sim one.

I'm keeping my expectations low for MLB 2k12.
Yay! I just couldn't wait for The Show guys to start banging the arcade drum again this year. Well done, well done!

And you wonder why 2K avoids releasing info early. they can't release a cover without SCEA drones chiming in on how bad the game will be.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 8

Nba 2k12 cover looks just like this and a lot of people call it a ''sim'' so I don't see how having a baseball cover look a lot like it means it's not a ''sim'' also please stop using that word there is no such thing as a ''sim'' just a game that almost is life like.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #44
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
Nba 2k12 cover looks just like this and a lot of people call it a ''sim'' so I don't see how having a baseball cover look a lot like it means it's not a ''sim'' also please stop using that word there is no such thing as a ''sim'' just a game that almost is life like.
You should visit the most annoying words thread I made a while back and make an entry! heh

You know how the gaming community works. Simulation became sim. Life like will become "LiLi"... and I won't stand for that!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #45
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I think the cover looks good. Too bad it will be the only thing that is good about this game.
Say what you will, but I have an extreme blast playing every 2K sports game on record, faulty and hokey as some of them seem to be at times. Even 2K baseball with its strange sounds, visuals, and pretty watered down feel at times is just... fun. No other way to explain it. Same way that Call of Duty is.

The one thing that's sorely missing from this game is the customization options that it used to have. The fact that I can't hide the pitching cursor, check swing, or use zone hitting tend to baffle me just slightly, and frankly it will solve many of the game's small problems with the pitcher/batter confrontation. Otherwise, I'm playing MLB 2K10 as we speak, and I can just overlook so many things in the game because I still have a bunch of fun attempting simulation baseball as well as they can offer it.

I am not the kind of person who judges a game by its cover, so I'm not saying inside this box is an arcade game. As I said in my first post... if it's their marketing ploy to attract customers, it only makes sense for them to use this tactic (especially if it looks like their critically acclaimed NBA 2K12 game). Unfortunately, for those who like the cover to be reflective of the game on the inside, this doesn't match well. Plus, as people said, the red background doesn't match the blue that Verlander is wearing.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #46
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

One of the very first idiom's you learn in life "Don't judge a book by its cover!".
Old 12-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #47
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Thats actually pretty tight IMO.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #48
Banned

BLAKExx1129xx's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceteris Paribus
Yay! I just couldn't wait for The Show guys to start banging the arcade drum again this year. Well done, well done!

And you wonder why 2K avoids releasing info early. they can't release a cover without SCEA drones chiming in on how bad the game will be.
Amen! I definitely agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »