Home

MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread

Sorry if this has been asked: does the Wii have My Player mode? Can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Also, on either that or XBox, can you use a created team in franchise mode?

Last edited by Vice; 03-06-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #42
Rookie

dolemint's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
If anyone could could answer most/some of these questions it would be very helpfull:

1-Has the DL bug been fixed?
2-Does the CPU still adjust your teams lineup even if you turn "AUTO management" off?
3-If you try to steal a base does the CPU correctly try to throw you out? (last year if you had a guy on 1st and 3rd.. and attempted to steal 2nd with the guy on 1st the CPU would throw to the guy on 3rd! It's almost as if the CPU only ever throw to the lead runner; meaning you always got a free steal at 2nd in this situation.)
4-Do the light stands in Fenway park still have those stupid pads on them? They should just be exposed steel gurders painted green.
5-Do teams go to a 4 man rotation in the post season? Or will I still be playing game 5's and 7's against a teams last starter?
6-Did they fix box scores? Last year box score totals always said "0". For example; if you hit HR number 6 with David Ortiz and looked at the box score after the game it should say "1(6)" but would always say "1(0)" This was true for most stats in the box score.
7-Last year generated rookie pitchers would sometime have a changeup FASTER than their fastball. Which is absurd. Anyone notice this?
8-And lastly; Could someone sim a season or 2 and check player progression? Specifically pitchers.
I think the answer to #1 is that it's been fixed. I started a 'chise and simmed through Spring Training to get to Opening Day. During ST, someone got hurt and on opening day had 11 days left on the DL. It's now showing 10 days left after my first actual played game.

Other questions are pretty lengthy so maybe some others can field those.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 13

I read some saying that it is to easy to throw strikes, isn't there a slider for pitcher control, if so what if you lower that is it still to easy? Thanks.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #44
Rookie

Is there any drills you can do during franchise or mini games (or something along those lines) that you can do with prospects to potentially improve their ratings while they're still in the minors?

EDIT: Also is there a manage mode in franchise, where you can pick the line-ups, and manage the bullpent or is it just play and simulate as the options?

Last edited by VG31; 03-06-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: New question
Old 03-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #45
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Did they remove the multiple "baserunning cameras" and if so....what are the options now? I am asking specifically about the camera that is in use right after I hit the ball in play. Does it stay behind homeplate and just pan to the area of the field the ball was hit or does it cut to a different camera?

I really prefer the overhead type of broadcast camera that they use when fielding for when I am baserunning too. Last year this was gone until the patch was released. Now I hear that it's gone again. This troubles me. Any insight?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #46
Rookie

beecravey7's Arena

OVR: 3

Does either this game or MLB 12: The Show have an online franchise mode or do they both just have online leagues that are only a single season?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #47
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
If anyone could could answer most/some of these questions it would be very helpfull:

1-Has the DL bug been fixed?
2-Does the CPU still adjust your teams lineup even if you turn "AUTO management" off?
3-If you try to steal a base does the CPU correctly try to throw you out? (last year if you had a guy on 1st and 3rd.. and attempted to steal 2nd with the guy on 1st the CPU would throw to the guy on 3rd! It's almost as if the CPU only ever throw to the lead runner; meaning you always got a free steal at 2nd in this situation.)
4-Do the light stands in Fenway park still have those stupid pads on them? They should just be exposed steel gurders painted green.
5-Do teams go to a 4 man rotation in the post season? Or will I still be playing game 5's and 7's against a teams last starter?
6-Did they fix box scores? Last year box score totals always said "0". For example; if you hit HR number 6 with David Ortiz and looked at the box score after the game it should say "1(6)" but would always say "1(0)" This was true for most stats in the box score.
7-Last year generated rookie pitchers would sometime have a changeup FASTER than their fastball. Which is absurd. Anyone notice this?
8-And lastly; Could someone sim a season or 2 and check player progression? Specifically pitchers.
1. looks fixed to me.
2. I put everthing manual, simmed a few months kept checking my mlb lineup, picked auto to manage minor league injuries, autod the amatuer draft and my mlb lineups throughout stayed intact.
5. checked boxscores and looks good verlander, cc and wainwright pitched games 1 and 5!
6. I didn't play any games, but simmed a season and at various points it showed the correct info. was this only broken ingame? describe the situation and ill check.

the season stats are similar to what pastapadre and the poster here shared. a little low on hrs, couple sub 2 eras, a bit low batting avg, no 20 game winning pitchers (18 games look to be the most I've seen) and only 3-4 90 win teams. hope. we can get 2k to look at these thimgs, but the good far outweighs the bad imo. nothing new in franchise but everything works as intended. hot cold streaks looked good to me, no cpu screwing your lineup and no dl or fatigue problems as far as I can tell.

If anyone wants a specific bug tested tell me the steps and ill check it. I bought the game for franchise and glad I did, the franchise mode is highly underrated imo its very solid lots added last year now works correctly
Playball!

Edit: Only fatigue problem I see is that DHs fatigue at the same rate as position players. still loving franchise but need to let 2k know about that. in my second simmed season 4 teams with 90+ wins. including Reds with 102 wins and lost game 7 to NYY in WS. didn't have any awful teams in playoffs like pastapadre had the pirates in his for either year first year St louis beat Detroit in WS.

Last edited by BrianU; 03-06-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

I don't believe this has been asked, but if it has I apologize..... What about the weather? Is there rain? Does the wind have an effect on ball physics etc...?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »