Home

Lineups/Defensive Positions

This is a discussion on Lineups/Defensive Positions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Lineups/Defensive Positions

Question regarding Franchise mode for these... I have everything set to be handled manually (injury management, lineups, pitching rotation, etc) for both my major league and minor league teams, yet every time I Super Sim a game, they get all jumbled up and just about nobody is playing their proper positions. Is this a known glitch or is it possible that I have something automated that I can handle manually? Any help would be very much appreciated... thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Lineups/Defensive Positions

I super sim a lot. The only way to do it and keep your lineup intact is to select Play Game and super sim from there. Sometimes they will still bring in players mid-game that you're trying to rest, but it works for the most part.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I super sim a lot. The only way to do it and keep your lineup intact is to select Play Game and super sim from there. Sometimes they will still bring in players mid-game that you're trying to rest, but it works for the most part.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I was clear.

During games, I don't really care that much if the CPU occasionally puts Pablo Sandoval in RF or Ryan Thierot at 1B. What I don't like is that the game permanently changes my defensive positioning so Sandoval is the full-time 1B and Buster Posey is full-time RF. I just recently started manually adjusting my minor league lineups for injuries and all of that... is it possible that the prior automation of this adjusted my Major League roster and lineups?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvspree8
is it possible that the prior automation of this adjusted my Major League roster and lineups?
There are a couple of threads on the subject already that may offer more insight/advice. All I can tell you is the CPU will alter your MLB-level lineups, even with auto-manage shut off, if you start simming more than one game at a time. I tested this extensively last year, and as long as I simmed one game at a time, then my MLB lineup was never shuffled by the CPU.

I believe as well that any time you call someone up from the minors, the CPU will shuffle your lineup. But I may be mixing that up with The Show, which had a similar thing going with its lineup logic years ago when I played it last.

Last edited by Yeats; 04-26-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

And BTW if all else fails, edit your players' fielding position ratings. The CPU will shuffle lineups based on that. Your RF for example will probably have a very high LF rating and maybe even CF rating. So the CPU will often shift him in one of those other positions, depending on who else in the lineup can play RF. Just lower his LF and CF ratings by 40-50 points to force the CPU logic to keep him in RF. Won't stop the CPU from rearranging the batting order, but at least your guys' correct fielding positions should stay the same.

Last edited by Yeats; 04-26-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Rookie

baprecure's Arena

OVR: 8

I had this problem a lot in my Nationals dynasty before it corrupted. It kept putting Kendry Morales in LF, Bryce Harper in CF, and Michael Morse at 1B. I kept having to change it after any movements in my team roster, trades, and in the post season.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #7
Pro

Thanks a lot for the insight guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »