Home

How do I steal more bases?

This is a discussion on How do I steal more bases? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Rookie

Bobby Baseball's Arena

OVR: 1
How do I steal more bases?

Every time I try to steal a base I get thrown out. From what I've noticed I can push the button whenever I want but the runner won't go until the pitcher starts his motion. So it seems to me that there is no timing involved. Is there any special tricks to do it or have I just had bad luck?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Rookie

NicHadler's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How do I steal more bases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Baseball
Every time I try to steal a base I get thrown out. From what I've noticed I can push the button whenever I want but the runner won't go until the pitcher starts his motion. So it seems to me that there is no timing involved. Is there any special tricks to do it or have I just had bad luck?
You cuold turn up your sliders for baserunning?

PLAYING - MLB 2K12, NBA2K12, Black Ops, MW3, Left for Dead: 2, NCAA 13, Minecraft, Skate 3 Demo, Battlefield 3, Read Dead Redemption

Waiting for: Madden 13, Borderlands: 2, Black Ops 2
Old 08-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

I believe you might just have to adjust your sliders. I'd turn baserunning speed up for the user.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Baseball
Lol no you can't steal like that...

firstly make sure you have a decent runner, don't try and steal with David Ortiz or something.

But the key is to get a 3-step lead, and then TIME the 4th step just as the pitcher begins his motion. You'll be able to see that your runner will take a step during the pitcher's windup - then release the button and your runner will take off with a moving lead and you should swipe the base.

Alternatively, just go for the 4-step lead and then release the button to steal.

It doesn't make much of a difference for the 90+ speed guys but it does for the guys in mid 70's.

Also check out different sliders for their catcher ratings and base runner ratings.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Turn up the sliders and only steal with players that would steal in reality, a.k.a any player with speed over 85.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hmmm. I've never touched my sliders, but I do play on All-Star. When I steal a base, I take 4 steps (max) and try to anticipate when the pitcher will start winding up. I don't wait for it and then go immediately after. I take my chances and just go and hope he started. If you go early, you'll be safe at 1st; the pitchers are stupid. Also, only steal with 80+ speed and only do 3rd with 85-90+. Also if the pitchers windup is really fast then don't try to steal at all.
My Player SP: Taken out bottom 9 2 outs with a perfect game going (my bad luck)
Old 08-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwdrum96
Hmmm. I've never touched my sliders, but I do play on All-Star. When I steal a base, I take 4 steps (max) and try to anticipate when the pitcher will start winding up. I don't wait for it and then go immediately after. I take my chances and just go and hope he started. If you go early, you'll be safe at 1st; the pitchers are stupid. Also, only steal with 80+ speed and only do 3rd with 85-90+. Also if the pitchers windup is really fast then don't try to steal at all.
I take 5 steps to ensure that I'm safe. But when they throw over, I'm out 1 every 100 times. Not a big deal though.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Try to run on pitchers with a slow delivery to the plate. Some even have a hitch in their delivery that causes a bit of a pause.

I don't leave early and go back to first, because I don't want to cheese in my own game. And when I play a game online where a guy does that, I quit immediately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »