Home

MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th

In a shocking development, baseball is coming to the Xbox 360 in 2013 after all. 2K Sports has just announced MLB 2K13 will arrive on March 5th, 2013 for 360 and PS3. Kotaku's Owen Good picked up on the story earlier this morning. Check out the official press release below.

Official Press Release

2K Sports Announces Major League Baseball 2K13 and Return of the Perfect Game Challenge

Cy Young Award Winner and Tampa Bay Rays` ace David Price named cover athlete

2K Sports today announced that the Company has reached an agreement with Major League Baseball, the Major League Baseball Players Association, and Major League Baseball Advanced Media to release Major League Baseball 2K13, the next iteration of the popular MLB 2K franchise. MLB 2K13 will be available on March 5, 2013,for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation3 computer entertainment system.

"We`d like to thank our league partners for their support in helping us reach an agreement to bring back MLB 2K," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "We know fans are extremely passionate about the MLB 2K series and the Perfect Game Challenge."

David Price, ace pitcher for the Tampa Bay Rays, has been selected as the cover athlete for MLB 2K13. Price was recently named the American League Cy Young Award winner after posting a 20-5 record and league-best 2.56 ERA. Price edged out MLB 2K12 cover athlete Justin Verlander for the honors, and is the third consecutive reigning Cy Young Award winner to grace the cover of an MLB 2K game.

"It`s a dream come true to appear on the cover of MLB 2K13," concluded Price, who helped lead the Rays to their fourth 90-win season in the last five years. "I`m looking forward to working with the 2K Sports team again, and welcoming another skilled gamer into `The Perfect Club.`"

The Perfect Game Challenge*, 2K Sports` groundbreaking $1 million competition, will also be returning for a fourth consecutive year and introduce a new contest format with exciting ways to win. Since 2010, 2K Sports has awarded $3 million in prize money to players exhibiting the highest caliber of skill in throwing a perfect game in MLB 2K. Last year`s Perfect Game Challenge achieved record participation numbers, with nearly 1 million attempts made and more than 1,000 perfect games registered. The contest was won by 21-year-old Christopher Gilmore, who prevailed in an eight-person tournament at the MLB FanCave in New York City. Complete details of this year`s contest will be announced at a later date.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, MLB2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available on March 5, 2013 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system.

For more information on 2K Sports, visit www.2KSports.com.

For more information on MLB 2K13, visit http://www.facebook.com/MLB2K.

Source - There Will Be Baseball on the Xbox 360; Major League Baseball 2K13 Returns (Kotaku)

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by PVarck31; 01-09-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Wow that is great news!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: MLB 2K13 Coming This Spring!!!

Cool. I wonder how much it will be improved over 2k12, but it's good to hear they're making it.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K13 Coming This Spring!!!

No PC version? WTF.

I'll consider this, but under no circumstances will I allow myself to abandon my 2k12 pc franchise until it proves playable. I did that with 2k12 and 2k11 and I've regretted it since.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

If this is true, I'm extremely happy. All I want for 2k too do for 2k13, is fix the uniform colors and hats, better pursuit of the ball in the outfield by defenders, get rid of the pause glitch when throwing home, better AI management, Better atmosphere in the crowd: especially at the end of a game and in the playoffs. Fix these issues and I'm straight. WOW!!! So happy too here this, looking forward too February now.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
What, what whaaaat!?

I love capitalism. Almost as much as I love baseball!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11
Well I hope they come strong and not just snap a new picture on MLB 2k12
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th

Wow, wasn't expecting this. Great news. Will be interested to see how much work was done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »