Home

MLB 2K13 Will Not Include Online Leagues

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Will Not Include Online Leagues within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #33
Rookie

slashpg88's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2K13 Will Not Include Online Leagues

I will not be purchasing this game if online leagues are not part of the game. Online leagues have really added excitement in all sports games. Imagine what they could do with NCAAB, NCAAF and NFL. But that's a topic within itself. The lack of online leagues will be the reason I stay away from 2K13, tho I am curious if they will keep the servers open for MLB 2K12 online leagues
Old 03-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #34
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: 2K13 - There are NO Online Leagues this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
How many of you actually played the online league last year? I know I didn't so this means nothing to me. I'm curious to know who actually did...
I skipped last year but thats all I played in 11. Popped the pitch speed up to 80 and invited friends who did stuff other than bunt for a hit every time. The servers actually handled the game well with almost no lag at all. I was gonna get it this year, but just like 2k did with NBA 2k12, they removed key online features. Except this was worse. Instead of the boken online association they released with NBA 2k12. they removed leagues entirely for 2k13. this game isnt even worth 20 to me now, as that was the only reason to buy it for me.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #35
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Are 2k12's online leagues still up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
It's better if it is left out if they drop the ball on it like they did with MLB Today.
You don't give up, do you? You don't play online leagues; you apparently know very little about them; and still you continue to comment about how appropriate it is that online leagues have been removed, even while others here express their upset and disappointment.

Very obvious your comments aren't dictated by reason as much as they are by your need to be seen as right. Reminds of a guy on these boards last year who continually defended 2K's decison to remove zone hitting from the game because he personally thought timing-only was better and more realistic. No logic, no sense, just defending his POV for the sake of... talking I suppose.

Last edited by Baile; 03-06-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You don't give up, do you? You don't play online leagues; you apparently know very little about them; and still you continue to comment about how appropriate it is that online leagues have been removed, even while others here express their upset and disappointment. Very obvious your comments aren't dictated by reason as much as they are by your need to be seen as right.
And you skipped the line I said right before. It would have been better if it 2K left it in. I've never said it was in the best interest of gamers for them to leave it out.

And the fact is, I've played in online leagues since BBPro and FBPro 98. I've run 2K leagues with, NFL 2K5, NHL 2K6, and APFB 2K8. I've been running and playing in a series of NCAA dynasties since NCAA 10, and still do today. I have several seasons of text-based baseball games like OOTP and DMB under my belt.

I tried to get a tournament going for both MLB 2K11 and 2K12 with no luck. There wasn't enough interest, and there was not a good way to do so that maintained the integrity of how baseball is played, through a series of games. I've looked at other leagues, but the reality is, there are a bunch of guys that want to run leagues, but not nearly enough to play in them.

There is a critical mass of players needed to keep online leagues functional, and I've seen zero indication that console baseball games meet that threshhold. OOTP has it. DMB lost it over time.

This isn't about being right, this is about how obvious it is that no one here has any idea if 2K has kept the servers going for 2K12, because no one is playing. It's not better that 2K took leagues out, it's just obvious why they did it.

Last edited by Mt Oread; 03-06-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
It's not better that 2K took leagues out, it's just obvious why they did it.
Okay, I can understand that perspective, thanks for that.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 4

They probably took online leagues out so the online community could focus more on rank quick matches to have more competitors in the 1mill challenge.

That's honestly the only logical reason for me to even think of bc otherwise it just doesn't seem like a good move at all!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #40
Rookie

daltros's Arena

OVR: 1

Even though I hardly play online leagues, it is a crime that they removed that game mode. Every season, I participate in a league that never finishes the first two seasons. I usually stick to a plethora of ranked matches, but a group of my friends were actually planning on starting a league...and of course there would be none for this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »