Home

Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #73
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread

Just finished my first Spring Training game in my Jays franchise, won 2-0. Fun game and I had no issues except...I don't even know what to call it, but...

After a double switch in the 5, after replacing my position player with my pitcher, Adam Lind runs down the baseline and stands in front of the batter on the first baseline. He just stood there! After I threw the first pitch, he went back to 1st. Anyone else see anything like this?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 13

Bunt coverage!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #75
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Picked up the game about over an hour ago, played one game and hey I really enjoyed myself, was fun felt like a real broadcast, I won the other game too and it's a nice switch up for sure, didn't play 2k12 that much last year, I think im going to have fun with this game this year..

The one thing is, we can speed the pitch speed up a bit correctly it seems to slow on all star default
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #76
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Bunt coverage!!!
Standing a foot away from the batter box? Definitely not!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #77
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Nice to hear that the fun factor is still present. One thing that 2K12 had going for it. But I'm going to stick with 2K12 this year. Even though I own both consoles, I'm on a PC/Steam kick last two years, and the changes aren't enough to warrant a purchase for me. But nice to hear nonetheless.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Nice to hear that the fun factor is still present. One thing that 2K12 had going for it. But I'm going to stick with 2K12 this year. Even though I own both consoles, I'm on a PC/Steam kick last two years, and the changes aren't enough to warrant a purchase for me. But nice to hear nonetheless.
I rented it from Redbox just to take a look. I also have 2k12. From what I can tell is they are nearly identical. I've basically been trying to compare loading up one then the other and it's really difficult. If anything 2k13 has slightly better contrast and colors. It also seems to be slightly smoother when the ball comes off the bat. New commentary and a few other little things. Seems like there is now a dark box that appears with batters like a blackhole location that I don't remember in 2k12. I also am seeing more signature stuff I don't recall. The camera will cut to shots I don't remember as well.

Overall though I'm somewhat impressed with the game. It doesn't do anything spectacular but I haven't played the game in a bit and it plays a rock solid game of baseball. The Show may have better graphics and cutscenes and attention to detail in the stands as far as vendors but other than that both games are nearly identical as far as what's going on on the field. 2k has better pitching, inside edge.

The difference are minimal but what I can tell 2k13 is the definative game in the series. It's just missing that extra something as far as graphics and it's not really an upgrade from 2k12. It's just a nice version of it.

Is it worth $60? I don't think so.... I'm still kind of upset with 2k charging that amount for this little of an upgrade.

Last edited by celtics6; 03-06-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #79
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Joe, MK and guys that have played 2K for years, are you using similar slider adjustments from 2K11-12, or does the game play OK on default difficulties?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0

This game a complete embaressment. Definition of roster update. I feel that this game could have easily been a patch instead of full on retail release. Same menus, graphics, franchise mode, ect. Thank god this is the last year these guys are going to be making these games. Hopefully somebody else can come in and create a more respectful baseball game. The 2k development team is obviously worn out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »