Home

MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #153
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

Wow. Was coasting against a few bottom feeders such as the M's and the Tribe (lol at me calling other teams bottom feeders when 'chising with the Astros) and was starting to think my sliders were, maybe, (gasp) getting a bit easy for me after taking another series from Seattle 2 games to 1. Record was at 12-9 nearing the end of April.

Then took a 4-game trip to Fenway and just got absolutely hammered and abused by Boston. That lineup was sick, playing pepper with the Green Monster and 2 HR games from Ortiz and Napoli in separate games. Pedroia hit about .500 and Ellsbury was an extra base hit machine, and cleared the Monster with an oppo field shot. I was actually in the 4th game, but their lineup ate my setup man and turned an 8th inning 2-1 edge into a 2-3 defeat. Ended up getting swept losing all 4 games! The Red Sox were like . And I was like . Lost one game 13-0 even. Now my record is 12-13, and currently on a 5-game losing streak heading to Yankee Stadium. The schedule does not look very welcoming with Yankees, Tigers, Rangers, Angels, and more Tigers coming up. Glad to be done with the Bo Sox though, geez...Can't wait to play Seattle again, lol.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi guys I did a fantasy draft with the Boaton Red Sox I have a stacked team. I am having trouble putting together my lineup cause I have so many good players help me out here!

C-Jonathan Lucroy 85ovr
1B-Mark Teixera 86ovr
2B-Dustin Pedroia 87ovr
SS-Ian Desmond 87ovr
3B-Ryan Zimmerman 86ovr
LF-Ryan Braun 99ovr
CF-Jacoby Ellsbury 87ovr
RF-Josh Hamilton 94ovr
DH-Billy Butler 86ovr

I cannot memorize my pitching but I will post it aoon, I would also like to strengthen my pitching. Any suggestions or ideas?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #155
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganzy33
Hi guys I did a fantasy draft with the Boaton Red Sox I have a stacked team. I am having trouble putting together my lineup cause I have so many good players help me out here!

C-Jonathan Lucroy 85ovr
1B-Mark Teixera 86ovr
2B-Dustin Pedroia 87ovr
SS-Ian Desmond 87ovr
3B-Ryan Zimmerman 86ovr
LF-Ryan Braun 99ovr
CF-Jacoby Ellsbury 87ovr
RF-Josh Hamilton 94ovr
DH-Billy Butler 86ovr

I cannot memorize my pitching but I will post it aoon, I would also like to strengthen my pitching. Any suggestions or ideas?
Post your pitching staff and we can make some suggestions.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #156
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganzy33

C-Jonathan Lucroy 85ovr
1B-Mark Teixera 86ovr
2B-Dustin Pedroia 87ovr
SS-Ian Desmond 87ovr
3B-Ryan Zimmerman 86ovr
LF-Ryan Braun 99ovr
CF-Jacoby Ellsbury 87ovr
RF-Josh Hamilton 94ovr
DH-Billy Butler 86ovr

I would set my lineup like this:

Ellsbury
Pedroia
Braun
Hamilton
Teixera
Zimmerman
Butler
Desmond
Lucroy
Hamilton
Old 04-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #157
Rookie

Ok that's what I was doing except switched Hamilton an Braun, and Butler and Zimmerman to create R and L match ups. Here is my pitching, SP1-Loshe, SP2-Kennedy, SP3-Beachy, SP4-Pineda, SP5-Estrada. Bullpen- Motte, Jansen, Storen, Gregerson, Collins, Pomeranz, and Hand. The overalls are different than my original post sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
I would set my lineup like this:

Ellsbury
Pedroia
Braun
Hamilton
Teixera
Zimmerman
Butler
Desmond
Lucroy
Hamilton
Old 04-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #158
Just started!

I started one with the Braves, and every time I sim through spring training to play opening day, the CPU has the worst logic for a starting lineup. Chase Utley plays 3rd while Michael Young's on the bench, and a bench player is playing 2nd.

Does anyone have a fix for this other than controlling all 30 teams in Franchise? It's really bugging me.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #159
Rookie

So, I'm looking pretty good to start the season. We started out in New York and gave up a hert breaking walk off HR to the Yanks and lost the game 5-3, Loshe Kd up 9 and the bullpen blew a 3-1 lead! We pounded the Yanks in with 2 wins a row 5-2 and 8-1, with solid starts from Beachy and Kennedy. We just killed the Jays in their opener 8-1 and ruined their fun! Pineda went 8 strong and Kd up 12! Hamilton has 5 HRs with 13RBIs! All of my SPs look good and Collins and Storen have been lights out. More to come tomorrow!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #160
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlBraves244
I started one with the Braves, and every time I sim through spring training to play opening day, the CPU has the worst logic for a starting lineup. Chase Utley plays 3rd while Michael Young's on the bench, and a bench player is playing 2nd.

Does anyone have a fix for this other than controlling all 30 teams in Franchise? It's really bugging me.
Yeah, there's a workaround that doesn't involve maintaining control of 30 teams, but it involves a decent initial investment of time (a few hours). What I did was go through each team's depth chart at the beginning of my 'chise and note any weird things about guys playing out of position or other star guys getting buried on the depth chart.

Having my list, I then (with edit CPU rosters on) tweaked the players' positional abilities by editing the players. One example is with the Justin Upton trade, the CPU didn't know to shift him to LF and play Heyward in RF. So, I increased Upton's LF ability and decreased his RF ability and the CPU finally shifted him to LF. The issue with this is it does take a decent amount of time since you can't really predict how low/high you have to change the ratings to in order for the CPU to make changes.

However, it's nice because once these guys have been permanently edited, the CPU doesn't make the same roster mistakes as before, which is worth it imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »