Home

MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

Still playing 2k12 played every game including ST, I'm 88-47 with my Indians. Every player, i promise you has been injured..... my god.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #194
Just started!

I'm about to trade this game in. I've started my 3rd franchise. This time I spend hours manually editing all the CPU rosters and controlling all 30 teams to make sure everything stays right, since the AI will do stuff like bench Michael Young and and play Utley at 3rd no matter what you do.

Everything has been going smooth. I can manually manage all rosters for all 30 teams if they are injuries or I feel there need to be lineup changes.

I've started off 2-1. When I go to play my 4th game, whenever I click on play game or sim game or anything, THE WHOLE GAME WILL FREEZE. EVEN WHEN I TRY TO PLAY WITH ANY OTHER TEAM DURING THE 4TH GAME OF THE SEASON, EVERYTHING FREEZES. SOMEBODY HELP ME. I'M SO FED UP WITH THIS GAME. I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY 4TH GAME OF THE SEASON. I'VE PUT HOURS INTO THIS GAME.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #195
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlBraves244
I'm about to trade this game in. I've started my 3rd franchise. This time I spend hours manually editing all the CPU rosters and controlling all 30 teams to make sure everything stays right, since the AI will do stuff like bench Michael Young and and play Utley at 3rd no matter what you do.

Everything has been going smooth. I can manually manage all rosters for all 30 teams if they are injuries or I feel there need to be lineup changes.

I've started off 2-1. When I go to play my 4th game, whenever I click on play game or sim game or anything, THE WHOLE GAME WILL FREEZE. EVEN WHEN I TRY TO PLAY WITH ANY OTHER TEAM DURING THE 4TH GAME OF THE SEASON, EVERYTHING FREEZES. SOMEBODY HELP ME. I'M SO FED UP WITH THIS GAME. I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY 4TH GAME OF THE SEASON. I'VE PUT HOURS INTO THIS GAME.
I just finished by 1st franchise losing in the WS to the Nationals with my Jays. I have noticed some dumb computer things like Seager (85 overall) in AAA and someone like SS Ryan playing 3B for the big club lol, but I have gotten through a season (played every game of a 52 game season) and now currently on game 7 of season 2 so cant help you there.

ONLY major problem I have had (which likely cost me a WS) is I lost Encarncaion to 15 day DL last month of season and instead of getting him back for playoffs he stayed in minors because the season was over for AAA so he couldnt get his rehab stint in. VERY FRUSTRATING, wish we had The Show....oh well ill continue to enjoy 2k13 and ignore the problems due to my love of baseball games lol Good Luck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #196
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
I just finished by 1st franchise losing in the WS to the Nationals with my Jays. I have noticed some dumb computer things like Seager (85 overall) in AAA and someone like SS Ryan playing 3B for the big club lol, but I have gotten through a season (played every game of a 52 game season) and now currently on game 7 of season 2 so cant help you there.

ONLY major problem I have had (which likely cost me a WS) is I lost Encarncaion to 15 day DL last month of season and instead of getting him back for playoffs he stayed in minors because the season was over for AAA so he couldnt get his rehab stint in. VERY FRUSTRATING, wish we had The Show....oh well ill continue to enjoy 2k13 and ignore the problems due to my love of baseball games lol Good Luck
Sorry about Encarnacion. That's a real bummer. I'm having a blast with the actual gameplay of 2k13, but the franchise has been incredibly frustrating. If you don't control all 30 teams, almost every team will have at least one major roster flaw where a starter is on the bench for no reason.

I've found a way to get around all that, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I literally can't play my 4th game of the season without it freezing when I click play game. Every time I try it freezes. Even if try to play the minor league game, it freezes. I'm not starting my franchise over again. This is such a waste of time. I've been waiting for a good 2k game since 2k9, because I don't have a ps3, and not I've finally gotten a decent one, and I can't play my 4th game of the season. This game is going back to gamestop tomorrow if I can't find a fix. What a waste of time.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #197
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Quote:
Sorry about Encarnacion. That's a real bummer. I'm having a blast with the actual gameplay of 2k13, but the franchise has been incredibly frustrating. If you don't control all 30 teams, almost every team will have at least one major roster flaw where a starter is on the bench for no reason.

I've found a way to get around all that, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I literally can't play my 4th game of the season without it freezing when I click play game. Every time I try it freezes. Even if try to play the minor league game, it freezes. I'm not starting my franchise over again. This is such a waste of time. I've been waiting for a good 2k game since 2k9, because I don't have a ps3, and not I've finally gotten a decent one, and I can't play my 4th game of the season. This game is going back to gamestop tomorrow if I can't find a fix. What a waste of time.
Why dont you simulate your 4th game? I usually buy from EB games with the year warranty for 3 dollars in case of this stuff seems like you have a faulty disk. Happened to me w/ 2K11 and I took it back and they gave me a brand new copy and I didnt have a problem after
Old 04-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #198
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Why dont you simulate your 4th game? I usually buy from EB games with the year warranty for 3 dollars in case of this stuff seems like you have a faulty disk. Happened to me w/ 2K11 and I took it back and they gave me a brand new copy and I didnt have a problem after
I've tried to simulate it. I've tried to play it with the other team since I control all 30. I've tried to click on a game in the future and simulate it to there. Every single time it freezes. I tried to move the file to a memory card, delete on the harddrive, and then reload it. Still freezes. It's like 2k got angry at all the work I did to have a legit franchise with rosters the CPU doesn't mess up, so they shut me down. Unbelievable lol.

Luckily, I saved my franchise to a separate file once I got done with all the rosters, so if I ever want to start with a new team it's there. I think I'm gonna reload it and simulate my Braves to the Nats series. Not in the mood to play the Phillies/Cubs series for the third time in a row. At one point I was 5-1 too. 2 blasts for Uggla, two for J Upton, 2 for Freeman, 1 for Johnson, Francisco, BJ, and Heyward. The gameplay with the right sliders is there. Hopefully that freeze glitch was a one in a million thing.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #199
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Quote:
I've tried to simulate it. I've tried to play it with the other team since I control all 30. I've tried to click on a game in the future and simulate it to there. Every single time it freezes. I tried to move the file to a memory card, delete on the harddrive, and then reload it. Still freezes. It's like 2k got angry at all the work I did to have a legit franchise with rosters the CPU doesn't mess up, so they shut me down. Unbelievable lol.

Luckily, I saved my franchise to a separate file once I got done with all the rosters, so if I ever want to start with a new team it's there. I think I'm gonna reload it and simulate my Braves to the Nats series. Not in the mood to play the Phillies/Cubs series for the third time in a row. At one point I was 5-1 too. 2 blasts for Uggla, two for J Upton, 2 for Freeman, 1 for Johnson, Francisco, BJ, and Heyward. The gameplay with the right sliders is there. Hopefully that freeze glitch was a one in a million thing.
Dam man thats sucks good luck with it. Ya I love the gameplay as well. Its been fair and I havent blown out any teams except for the last game where I played Padres and they had some 63 overall SP in throwing 69MPH fastballs and 50MPH slurves LOL I blasted 6 HR off him to go up 9-0 in the 2nd inning ...crazy how ****ed the CPU make these lineups ..wish I controlled all 30 teams now lol
Old 04-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #200
Rookie

I wish trades occurred more often in my Chise'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »