Home

Guys, you need to check out 2K12

This is a discussion on Guys, you need to check out 2K12 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #57
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Guys, you need to check out 2K12

Thanks! that did it! I am having to make adjustments to the sliders, tho. I am getting my butt absolutely stomped.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #58
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlint
Thanks! that did it! I am having to make adjustments to the sliders, tho. I am getting my butt absolutely stomped.
Hang in there. Don't pitch like you do in every other video baseball game or you'll get smoked. You have to throw to the edges and draw swings. Don't be afraid to walk a guy or two. Especially if a guy is hot during a game. You won't get away with anything in the middle.

Also, hitting wise, the old adage is that "you get one good pitch per at bat to drive". Use that strategy. Don't go free swinging. Try to work good hitters count, 2-0, 3-1 and then pick a location and pitch. If it is in your wheel house, drive that thing, if it isn't, take it and keep waiting.

Post edit, with these new rosters, this game plays more like baseball than any game I remember. I started back in the Intellivision days with Major League Baseball from 1977, ugh.

I am a varsity high school coach and I find myself yelling at myself for the same undisciplined at bats or pitching I do with my players,,,,,same as I got yelled at for in college. Makes the game really fun. "hard to hit a bad ball good" "stay ahead and out of the middle"......

You'll see

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 05-22-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #59
Just started!

Thanks for the help. I am 2-3 so far. The two games I won 13-11(with a walk-off 3 run hmr) and 11-10 with a walk off single. It's hard to judge because I am playing as the Astros so I don't know what the results would be if I had good pitching. my best pitcher is rated an 83.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #60
Just started!

Question about the Astro's by the way: do you have to move them to the AL manually every year using Reditor? I saw something about that in the reditor thread.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlint
Question about the Astro's by the way: do you have to move them to the AL manually every year using Reditor? I saw something about that in the reditor thread.
When you got a roster with the Astros in the AL you do not have to move them all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »