Home

Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

This is a discussion on Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #1057
G-M*nnnn
 
deeman11747's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,194
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
What the **** is going on?!?!

The White Sox have gotten almost as many runs in this inning (6) as they had scored in the other 5 games vs the Yankees this year. (7)
You know why these guys just hit 4 HR's off him? He's so used to throwing that 98 MPH high in the zone and no one could catch up to it. Now that he's only throwing 92-93 MPH... that high fastall isnt unhittbale anymore... and he still hasnt realized that.

Hoe do you lose 6 MPH on your fastball in one year?
__________________

deeman11747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:14 PM   #1058
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me
 
elicoleman's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 34,656
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Way to ****ing go Cano....thanks for the GIDP.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
This is the 3rd time John Calipari has been to his first Final Four!
What I'm Currently Listening To
elicoleman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:15 PM   #1059
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
You know why these guys just hit 4 HR's off him? He's so used to throwing that 98 MPH high in the zone and no one could catch up to it. Now that he's only throwing 92-93 MPH... that high fastall isnt unhittbale anymore... and he still hasnt realized that.

Hoe do you lose 6 MPH on your fastball in one year?
Age.
__________________
How 'Bout 'Dem Boys From Beantown: 86-63
VTek33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #1060
G-M*nnnn
 
deeman11747's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,194
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTek33
Age.
So what you're saying is he was a young and energetic 40 year old last year but as soon as he hits 41... he's become an old decrepit man?
__________________

deeman11747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #1061
The Batman
 
soltrain's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,863
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTek33
White Sox will find a way to blow it.


Um...why? Typical White Sox is "blowing" games? Give me a break. We have played bad the last 7 games.


You don't have the best record through 3 and a half months by blowing games like the "typical" White Sox.
soltrain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 05:26 PM   #1062
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
So what you're saying is he was a young and energetic 40 year old last year but as soon as he hits 41... he's become an old decrepit man?
Possibly. You'd be surprised what a year can do. In his last 4 years, Hank Aaron went from 40 homeruns to 20 to 12 to 10.

It happens.
__________________
How 'Bout 'Dem Boys From Beantown: 86-63
VTek33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #1063
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain
Um...why? Typical White Sox is "blowing" games? Give me a break. We have played bad the last 7 games.


You don't have the best record through 3 and a half months by blowing games like the "typical" White Sox.
Because that's the way they are. I'm not even talking about the last 7 games.

And they're record does not reflect how good of a team they are. They had a soft schedule and beat up on the ****ty teams. Look what happens when they play contenders, they get their asses handed to them. They're the '01 Mariners in different uniforms.
__________________
How 'Bout 'Dem Boys From Beantown: 86-63
VTek33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:32 PM   #1064
The Batman
 
soltrain's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,863
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTek33
Because that's the way they are. I'm not even talking about the last 7 games.

And they're record does not reflect how good of a team they are. They had a soft schedule and beat up on the ****ty teams. Look what happens when they play contenders, they get their asses handed to them. They're the '01 Mariners in different uniforms.


Since when have we got our "asses" handed to us? Please, enlighten me.


We are 18-13 against the East going into this game. How is us beating the Royals any different than you playing the D-rays? We have handled ourselves very well against the AL Central, but good teams BEAT THE TEAMS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO.

Look at our record and then look at how our pitching staff has done. You don't need to hit the **** out of the ball every game to be good.

Last edited by soltrain; 08-21-2005 at 05:34 PM.
soltrain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Top -