Home

Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

This is a discussion on Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #121
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
*clears throat*

Just thought I would make an apperance. The last 7 years, O's fans have been at your mercy. Ever since Jeffrey Maier (yes, we remember him), times have been tough. But this year, times have changed.

You may make the play-offs, Yankees, oh yes. But it will NOT be on the backs of the Orioles. You will not use us as your doormat anymore.

Oh yeah, and our pitching is good this year. Just ask B.J. Ryan:

I don't think the Orioles have ever been considered our doormat... they've always had a pretty powerful lineup for the ;ast few years... and we usually don't take them lightly.

The position of Yankees' doormat belongs to no one else but the Tampa Bay Devil Rays,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
I don't think the Orioles have ever been considered our doormat... they've always had a pretty powerful lineup for the ;ast few years... and we usually don't take them lightly.

The position of Yankees' doormat belongs to no one else but the Tampa Bay Devil Rays,
Agreed. I caught first Pettite game of the Yankees-Orioles series in 1996 post-season (I think it was game 1) on YES the other day. The Orioles were friggin hard to put down then ...
Old 04-17-2005, 05:55 PM   #123
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

So uh, is age finally catching up to the Yanks?

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #124
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

The General Has Spoken:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=250417101

"Enough is enough. I am bitterly disappointed as I'm sure all Yankee fans are by the lack of performance by our team,'' Steinbrenner said in a statement issued immediately after the game. "It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk. They are not playing like true Yankees. They have the talent to win and they are not winning. I expect Joe Torre, his complete coaching staff and the team to turn this around.''
Old 04-17-2005, 07:12 PM   #125
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Hmm those comments lead me to believe that Torre may be fired if the Yanks don't turn things around. The Yanks would be making a huge mistake if they did that tho.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2005, 07:48 PM   #126
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
Hmm those comments lead me to believe that Torre may be fired if the Yanks don't turn things around. The Yanks would be making a huge mistake if they did that tho.
Sportsman.. I usually agree with most of the things you say... but what you said is just ludicrous (no disrespect of course).

Last year the Yanks started 8-11... Boss was furuious... released a statement saying essentially the same thing he just said today...and the Yanks turned it around. I don't get why everyone panics 10 games into the season... it's like how there was an uproar when the Mets started 0-5 and look at them now.

Plus if Torre was fired.... they would be a riot here in NY... hes a beloved figure... and the possibiliy of firing Torre has never as much as been mentioned by any media source here.

People need to give some time.... the Yanks had 2 series with the Red Sox and a powerul Orioles lineup. Torre always takes about 15-20 games to get his lineup set and everyone to start playing like themselves. So I think everyone should just chill.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:30 PM   #127
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
So uh, is age finally catching up to the Yanks?
Just like to state

Gustavo Chacin > *

Old 04-17-2005, 08:52 PM   #128
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Sportsman.. I usually agree with most of the things you say... but what you said is just ludicrous (no disrespect of course).

Last year the Yanks started 8-11... Boss was furuious... released a statement saying essentially the same thing he just said today...and the Yanks turned it around. I don't get why everyone panics 10 games into the season... it's like how there was an uproar when the Mets started 0-5 and look at them now.

Plus if Torre was fired.... they would be a riot here in NY... hes a beloved figure... and the possibiliy of firing Torre has never as much as been mentioned by any media source here.

People need to give some time.... the Yanks had 2 series with the Red Sox and a powerul Orioles lineup. Torre always takes about 15-20 games to get his lineup set and everyone to start playing like themselves. So I think everyone should just chill.
Exactly. I think at least the last 2 seasons, maybe 3, there were points where people were saying how the Yankees sucked this year, were too old, weren't going to make the playoffs, etc. Does anyone honestly think Arod and Sheffield are going to struggle like this the whole year? Or Randy Johnson and Pavano aren't going to pitch well this year?

Yankees will be fine. If they play like this another 2 months, then Torre's job might be in trouble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »