Home

Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

This is a discussion on Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #321
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets

Is this actually being considered, or was this just an idea they came up with?

No, they just threw the idea out there because all these callers were calling up with their "brilliant" new ideas for the Yanks' lineup/defensive alignment. They were going on and on about Matsui/Bernie/Womack situation in the OF.

I kinda like the idea, and besides Duncan the other option, obviously, is to sign a FA third basemen this winter.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #322
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
No, they just threw the idea out there because all these callers were calling up with their "brilliant" new ideas for the Yanks' lineup/defensive alignment. They were going on and on about Matsui/Bernie/Womack situation in the OF.
I love the people who call up and want to move people around like it's a fantasy baseball team. You should hear some of the ridiculous lineups people have suggested for the Red Sox on WEEI here in Boston.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:22 PM   #323
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I have a question,

I used to listen to sporting news radio and there was this huge Yankees fan named Jerome (I think, the guy had a very annoying voice) does he still call that station or any NY area stations for that matter? I loved listening to the guy cuz he had such unrealistic expectations and views on the Yankees.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-01-2005, 03:28 PM   #324
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I love the people who call up and want to move people around like it's a fantasy baseball team. You should hear some of the ridiculous lineups people have suggested for the Red Sox on WEEI here in Boston.
Yup, those, and people who call in with trade ideas are usually the funniest calls you can hear on sports radio.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #325
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
I have a question,

I used to listen to sporting news radio and there was this huge Yankees fan named Jerome (I think, the guy had a very annoying voice) does he still call that station or any NY area stations for that matter? I loved listening to the guy cuz he had such unrealistic expectations and views on the Yankees.
When I use to get the Kevin Wheeler show Jerome was a regular. He was always mad. I still remember he even made a negative call after the Yanks won the WS.

The last time I heard from him (about a year ago) he was in the hospital with serious health problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2005, 03:39 PM   #326
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
When I use to get the Kevin Wheeler show Jerome was a regular. He was always mad. I still remember he even made a negative call after the Yanks won the WS.

The last time I heard from him (about a year ago) he was in the hospital with serious health problems.
Oh that's not good.

Even tho he was a bit annoying I always listened to the Wheeler show just to hear his rants. I hope he's ok these days tho.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-01-2005, 04:11 PM   #327
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Yup, those, and people who call in with trade ideas are usually the funniest calls you can hear on sports radio.

There was a great one today, some old guy called in and suggested that we trade A-Rod immediately, because he's finally hot right now so we'll be able to get rid of him. His reason for trading him; "Because he's useless against the Sox". Unreal.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-01-2005, 09:25 PM   #328
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Carrasco is throwing fairly well tonight.

Last year, RJ would've thrown a CG 2 hitter with 17 Ks vs the Royals. This year.....*shakes head*
What I'm Currently Listening To

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »