Home

Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

This is a discussion on Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-22-2005, 11:12 AM   #505
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
yeah, i'm sure Randy Johnson gettting rocked really ups the Yankee's confidence
Your right... but his awful performance was way overshadowed by the offensvie display and sometimes a good thumping like this is what we need to keep the energy up.

Plus him and Flaherty said his problem was all location and not movement or velocity meaning RJ should be able to work it all out before next start.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 11:23 AM   #506
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Your right... but his awful performance was way overshadowed by the offensvie display and sometimes a good thumping like this is what we need to keep the energy up.
I agree and disagree. It's good when teams have offensive explosions like that, but it seems to me like the Yankees problem is the pitching staff. They are right behind the Red Sox in runs scored, 2nd in MLB. Meanwhile they're ranked 20th in ERA and 26th in BAA.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:25 AM   #507
MVP

OVR: 15

Great win but the pitching staff is awful. The pitching is what can and maybe will keep thsi team from winning the division this year.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:27 AM   #508
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
Great win but the pitching staff is awful. The pitching is what can and maybe will keep thsi team from winning the division this year.
Agree. However, you can say the same thing about the Red Sox and Orioles. It should be an interesting race. especially if the wild card team comes from another division.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:49 AM   #509
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I agree and disagree. It's good when teams have offensive explosions like that, but it seems to me like the Yankees problem is the pitching staff. They are right behind the Red Sox in runs scored, 2nd in MLB. Meanwhile they're ranked 20th in ERA and 26th in BAA.
I completely agree... I just meant that with an offensive peformance like this it may take some of the pressure off of our starting pitchers as they'll know that they can rely on the offense a little bit and not have to do it all themselves.

The Yankees' championship teams were built on solid and consistent pitching... just as the Red Sox were last year.

There's no way a team can slug its way to a championship with medicore pitching... which is why I think a team like the Orioles will have no chance to keep it up for the rest of the year. Eventually, the bats can't bail you out of bad pitching anymore and July- September is the time when you need your pitchers going 6-7 innings giving up 3 to 4 runs.

If the Yankee starters can't be consistent throughout the year, then we have no chance. Which is why it was such a mistake letting Lieber go. He wasn't a dominating pitcher, but you expected the same thing every time out. 6-7 innings with 3-5 runs with about 7 hits and no walks.

I'm really hoping/expecting Cashman to make a deal for another bullpen arm because Gordon has shown he can't handle the pressure (throwing up during Games 4 and 5 of the ALCS) and hopefully another starter if Wright is out for a while and Brown can't stay healthy. Whatever he does though, he CANNOT move Wang or Cano.

Last edited by deeman11747; 06-22-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:00 PM   #510
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
There's no way a team can slug its way to a championship with medicore pitching... which is why I think a team like the Orioles will have no chance to keep it up for the rest of the year. Eentually, the bats can't bail you out of bad pitching anymore and July- September is the time when you need your pitchers going 6-7 innings giving up 3 to 4 runs.
Completely agree on the Orioles. I think they have some talented, young starters but the only ones who have thrown more than 150 innings in a season are Lopez and Ponson, and Ponson is garbage. Rodrigo Lopez isn't going to carry that staff through August and September.

Quote:
6-7 innings with 3-5 runs with about 7 hits and no walks.
I agree. It's very important to have some guys like this on your staff. They take a ton of pressure off the bullpen and hitters know what to expect. 3-5 runs on teams like the Red Sox and Yankees should be enough to win most of the time.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:45 PM   #511
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

By the way... I can't even imagine what it would have been like if Kay did the game last night. I just watched the Yankee Encore of the game last night and the usually quiet Jim Kaat was gettin pretty loud. If Kay had been doing the game I'm sure he would've collapsed a lung.

I would've liked to hear Sterling call the game because as annoying as he is, he is still pretty funny sometimes and some of his calls were on SC this morning during the highlights.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 03:13 PM   #512
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

I know it was a good comeback win last night but jeeze....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »