Home

Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

This is a discussion on Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2005, 07:35 PM   #665
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Arod Goes Yard

2-0 early.

Thats what I was afraid of, was the bats would cool off after B'more.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2005, 08:04 PM   #666
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Giambi is on FIYAH!

3-1 Yanks
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 07-07-2005, 09:06 PM   #667
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
Giambi is on FIYAH!

3-1 Yanks
And he does it again.

7-10 on the homestand.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #668
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
That'll be interesting, wasn't he only hitting like .270 at AA?

EDIT: OF Melky Cabrera will represent the Yankees in the All-Star Futures Game in Detroit on July 10, playing for the World Team. He is batting .267 with nine homers and 44 RBI at Class AA Trenton before he was promoted to Class AAA Columbus on Tuesday.

I'm anxious to see the kid play, but like you said anything is better than Womack.
The kid did ok tonight. He looked a bit overmatched in AB one, but was generally solid. He could be good, or do you think they are showcasing him? I am not sure.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:26 PM   #669
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Good W tonight as the Bronx continues to be cozy to us. Mussina w. a solid outting which is so imperative with our depleted staff.

Even if our offense remains on fire, The Unit and Moose have got to pitch very good for us to have a shot at the Wild Card. I have a feeling Pavano isn't really gonna come around this season and give us anything great. Brown is way more suspect.

If we get to the post season our rotation may go Johnson-Moose-Wang. Who'da thought that 3 months ago.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #670
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
The kid did ok tonight. He looked a bit overmatched in AB one, but was generally solid. He could be good, or do you think they are showcasing him? I am not sure.
I think it's difficult to tell right now. With the old Yankee front office way of the thinking, then he'd definately be up just for a showcase. But since we haven't dealt Cano or Wang yet, we may actually be trying to hang on to our prospects for the first time in a decade.

I think he'll have the least success outta the three rookies (there is NO WAY we call up three rookies who all have solid seasons in a 3 month span) but right now we just need defense in centerfield. And at least giving Melky a shot at the plate is better than just sticking Tony "I'm an automatic out" Womack in the lineup.

And since we are probably going to go after Andruw Jones or Vernon Wells or whoever this winter(I don't remember if those two are even FA's, just throwing names out there), I wouldn't be suprise if we shipped him cause I highly doubt he's gonna be an everyday starter-caliber ball player for a dozen years.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #671
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I think it's difficult to tell right now. With the old Yankee front office way of the thinking, then he'd definately be up just for a showcase. But since we haven't dealt Cano or Wang yet, we may actually be trying to hang on to our prospects for the first time in a decade.

I think he'll have the least success outta the three rookies (there is NO WAY we call up three rookies who all have solid seasons in a 3 month span) but right now we just need defense in centerfield. And at least giving Melky a shot at the plate is better than just sticking Tony "I'm an automatic out" Womack in the lineup.

And since we are probably going to go after Andruw Jones or Vernon Wells or whoever this winter(I don't remember if those two are even FA's, just throwing names out there), I wouldn't be suprise if we shipped him cause I highly doubt he's gonna be an everyday starter-caliber ball player for a dozen years.
I hear ya. I think they have rushed Melky, who started out in AA. The only thing that made me question the show casing is that the A's, supposedly, have agreed to trade Chad Bradford to the Sox for Jay Payton. Why would they need Payton unless they are trading Kotsay? I don't know if Melky is a money ball player, or I am just so old that I think the Yankess will revert to the old yanks, like you mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2005, 11:45 AM   #672
MVP

OVR: 14

I am really hoping Kotsay stays away from the Evil Empire, however your trades have ended up like garbage recently so I wouldn't be too dissapointed if he goes there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »