Home

Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

This is a discussion on Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
G-M*nnnn
 
deeman11747's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,194
Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Well until we get a team thread forum... this will have to do.

There's a lot of things Yankee fans will have to look for this year such as:

How will Giambi perform?
What will Tino's role be?
Will Matsui put up MVP type numbers?
How will A-Rod respond to all the crap from this winter?
How will Randy Johnson perform?
Will Pavano put up last year's numbers?
Will Wright be decent without Leo Mazzone?
Will Brown be effective enough to contribute?
How will Bernie's defense be?
How will the bullpen hold up?
How will Tanyon Sturtze be used?
Will Mussina be healthy all year?



This should be a very exciting year and lets see how big Joe and the Yanks respond to the Red Sox championship last year...


Tonight's starting lineups for 4/3/05 8 PM on ESPN

Sunday's Starting Lineups
Red Sox
1, Johnny Damon, cf
2,
Edgar Renteria, ss
3,
Manny Ramirez, lf
4,
David Ortiz, dh
5,
Kevin Millar, 1b
6,
Jason Varitek, c
7,
Jay Payton, rf
8,
Bill Mueller, 3b
9,
Mark Bellhorn, 2b
P,
David Wells, lhp
Yankees
1, Derek Jeter, ss
2,
Alex Rodriguez, 3b
3,
Gary Sheffield, rf
4,
Ruben Sierra, dh
5,
Hideki Matsui, lf
6,
Jorge Posada, c
7,
Jason Giambi, 1b
8,
Bernie Williams, cf
9,
Tony Womack, 2b
P,
Randy Johnson, lhp

deeman11747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2005, 05:37 PM   #2
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me
 
elicoleman's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 34,656
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Hopefully tonights game won't get rained out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
This is the 3rd time John Calipari has been to his first Final Four!
What I'm Currently Listening To
elicoleman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2005
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Nah, it won't. I live in NY. It's not raining anymore where I am.

Anyway, my cousins and I were talking about Tino's role too. We're saying that he'll play first and Giambi will DH most of the time, or when Sierra's DH-ing, then Giambi will take first. Everyone's getting older. Tino's not the everyday player he used to be back in 1998 anymore.
gypsytea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 05:59 PM   #4
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me
 
elicoleman's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 34,656
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsytea
Nah, it won't. I live in NY. It's not raining anymore where I am.

Anyway, my cousins and I were talking about Tino's role too. We're saying that he'll play first and Giambi will DH most of the time, or when Sierra's DH-ing, then Giambi will take first. Everyone's getting older. Tino's not the everyday player he used to be back in 1998 anymore.
'

I agree, even though I'd love to see Tino play everyday.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
This is the 3rd time John Calipari has been to his first Final Four!
What I'm Currently Listening To
elicoleman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 07:56 PM   #5
Regular Cat RecordsŪ
 
3rdAnswer's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Raleighwood, N.C.
Posts: 10,846
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

I'm excited about this season. I'm ready for NY to take everything back from Boston and the games against them should be spectacular as always. I even bought an A-Rod jersey yesterday.
__________________
-Jay Illestrate, Emcee/Producer/Graphic Artist
www.REGULARCATRECORDS.COM
New York Giants - Duke Blue Devils - Charlotte Hornets - San Antonio Spurs
3rdAnswer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2005, 12:45 AM   #6
 
X*Cell's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 8,109
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

How will Giambi perform?
.267, 25 HR's, 92 RBI's

What will Tino's role be?
Defensive Sub, 7th inning and later in more than 50 games.

Will Matsui put up MVP type numbers?
Yes!!! .318, 41 HR's, 120 RBI's

How will A-Rod respond to all the crap from this winter?
With decent numbers ... .290, 37 HR's, 98 RBI's ... and a Gold Glove award.

How will Randy Johnson perform?
Super... His win total should reach 20 this year with a great offense to back him up, and he should get over 270 SO's this year too.

Will Pavano put up last year's numbers?
His numbers may not be as good considering he's pitching in the American League now, but his win total should definetely rise.

Will Wright be decent without Leo Mazzone?
With Mel Stottlemyer, its not much of a downgrade... actually, its not a downgrade at all.

Will Brown be effective enough to contribute?
He'll be effective enough to be a 5th starter... but look for a lot of playing time and spot starting for Tanyon Sturtze this season.

How will Bernie's defense be?
His arm gets weaker everyyear, but with Matsui's range getting better and better, the Yanks don't have to rely on their CF to make every catch. That is one weakness the Yankees have though, and thats bench outfielding.

How will the bullpen hold up?
Better than ever. They have starters who can make it thru long innings, and now helping out Quantrill, Gordon, and Rivera is Felix Rodriguez.

How will Tanyon Sturtze be used?
I had the answer to that earlier.

Will Mussina be healthy all year?
Mussina has been reliable every year, I don't see why he should stop now.
__________________
SAN ANTONIO SPURS
X*Cell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:59 AM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blackstone, MA
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelldarim31
How will Giambi perform?
.267, 25 HR's, 92 RBI's

What will Tino's role be?
Defensive Sub, 7th inning and later in more than 50 games.

Will Matsui put up MVP type numbers?
Yes!!! .318, 41 HR's, 120 RBI's

How will A-Rod respond to all the crap from this winter?
With decent numbers ... .290, 37 HR's, 98 RBI's ... and a Gold Glove award.

How will Randy Johnson perform?
Super... His win total should reach 20 this year with a great offense to back him up, and he should get over 270 SO's this year too.

Will Pavano put up last year's numbers?
His numbers may not be as good considering he's pitching in the American League now, but his win total should definetely rise.

Will Wright be decent without Leo Mazzone?
With Mel Stottlemyer, its not much of a downgrade... actually, its not a downgrade at all.

Will Brown be effective enough to contribute?
He'll be effective enough to be a 5th starter... but look for a lot of playing time and spot starting for Tanyon Sturtze this season.

How will Bernie's defense be?
His arm gets weaker everyyear, but with Matsui's range getting better and better, the Yanks don't have to rely on their CF to make every catch. That is one weakness the Yankees have though, and thats bench outfielding.

How will the bullpen hold up?
Better than ever. They have starters who can make it thru long innings, and now helping out Quantrill, Gordon, and Rivera is Felix Rodriguez.

How will Tanyon Sturtze be used?
I had the answer to that earlier.

Will Mussina be healthy all year?
Mussina has been reliable every year, I don't see why he should stop now.

Stottlemyre is considered by many to be the worst pitching coach in MLB, Mazzone the best. If you think its not much of a downgrade you dont know baseball.

And also there is no way in hell Matsui puts up 41 dingers.
BigTim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:04 AM   #8
Stu
All Star
 
Stu's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,927
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTim
Stottlemyre is considered by many to be the worst pitching coach in MLB, Mazzone the best. If you think its not much of a downgrade you dont know baseball.

And also there is no way in hell Matsui puts up 41 dingers.
I thought the Yankees fired Stottlemyre?? Did they at least talk about it, or am I just going crazy?
__________________
Sim Gaming Network
Stu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Top -