Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-11-2005, 12:16 AM   #793
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Crazy win tonight. 16 runs( should have been 17), 9 coming in the 8th. The bullpen still looks horrible but for now they have the excuse of facing one of the best lineups in baseball. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Sox pitching staff held the Rangers homerless this series which is something positive to take away from everything (along with the fact that Arroyo and Clement pitched exceptionally well).

And I'm not one to get on the umps, but how on earth did they miss that home run by Kapler?! Common knowlege over physics tells you for that ball to bounce the way it did it would of had to hit off the top surface of the wall, which is by rule a homerun. I'm surprised Kapler wasn't angrier than he appeared.

Manny has been on fire over the past 9 games, driving in 15 runs and hitting just under .500. If he keeps this up he could make a late push for the MVP, but I think his antics last month will prevent the writers from ever voting him MVP unless no one else is deserving even a little bit.

I really want Delcarmen to have success and make the postseason roster. His fastball is electric and if he could just command it a little more consistently and find the release point for that breaking ball he could be devastating out of the pen (his fastball was clocked as high as 96 mph tonight, and he threw one breaking ball that was 71, rediculous).
Old 08-11-2005, 11:48 AM   #794
MVP

OVR: 15

Been a while since I've checked in here:

Just gotta say out of all the moves/non moves at the trade deadline and a litte earlier this year, Tony Grafinino has to be one of the best mid-season acquistions in baseball right now.

I won't bad mouth Bellhorn because of what he did for us in the WS, but Graf is just playing great baseaball, something we weren't really seeing from Bell thus far this year.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-12-2005, 10:14 PM   #795
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I am less and less impressed every time I see Mark Buehrle pitch. In the 2 games vs the Red Sox this year, in 13 innings, he's allowed 11 runs, 22 hits, 5 walks and only 3 K's. Not exactly numbers that would intimidate you in a playoff series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 11:00 PM   #796
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

We're just mashing the ball right now. 55 runs in our last 5 games.

Thank god for Papi's HR in the 8th, because Curt was a bit shaky tonight. Nice to see him mixing that curveball in, but his splitter is still flat.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:02 PM   #797
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I am less and less impressed every time I see Mark Buehrle pitch. In the 2 games vs the Red Sox this year, in 13 innings, he's allowed 11 runs, 22 hits, 5 walks and only 3 K's. Not exactly numbers that would intimidate you in a playoff series.
And Schlling doesn't impress me with his impersonation of a closer.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:05 PM   #798
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
And Schlling doesn't impress me with his impersonation of a closer.
Ehh he's been pretty solid. When you have a 4 run lead, it's a good time to start mixing in pitches that need work like the splitter and curveball. A little too close for comfort but I think he would have pitched a lot differently if he came into a 1 run game.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #799
MVP

OVR: 14

I just hate how Schil's philosiphy of never wasting a pitch, even when your up 0-2, still stands strong with him.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:38 PM   #800
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm really enjoying Schillings 6.14 ERA

Very solid
What I'm Currently Listening To

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »