Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2005, 12:48 PM   #841
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTek33
Seriously. The man has been garbage this year. His numbers in AAA? 7-50 (.167) with 16 strikeouts. See ya' Mark.

He gets my vote.
I'm guessing he clears waivers and gets called up on Sept. 1st when the rosters expand.

Welcome VTek, always glad to see more Red Sox fans. We have a great group of posters in the baseball forums here. Even the Yankees fans are pretty cool, except for that elicoleman guy. He's a real dick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #842
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
You guys were lucky the rain came though. Since the game not going to be made up we'll see you guys in the playoffs.
Bahhh. It was only a 3-run lead in the 4th. We would've come back anyways.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:58 PM   #843
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I'm guessing he clears waivers and gets called up on Sept. 1st when the rosters expand.

Welcome VTek, always glad to see more Red Sox fans. We have a great group of posters in the baseball forums here. Even the Yankees fans are pretty cool, except for that elicoleman guy. He's a real dick.
Same here. As ****ty as he is, he could come into a key situation.

Thanks, good to be here. Yeah, he is a real dick. And not only is he one, but he likes them too.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:05 PM   #844
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Any thoughts on Papelbon getting the start tonight? I'm surprised they went with him after moving him to the bullpen in Pawtucket. Delcarmen went down to AAA.

They're going to have some serious roster moves in the next week or so. Papelbon is up, Olerud should come off the DL tomorrow. Nixon and Foulke both look like they'll be ready within a week or so.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:09 PM   #845
Rookie

Quote:
Any thoughts on Papelbon getting the start tonight? I'm surprised they went with him after moving him to the bullpen in Pawtucket. Delcarmen went down to AAA.

They're going to have some serious roster moves in the next week or so. Papelbon is up, Olerud should come off the DL tomorrow. Nixon and Foulke both look like they'll be ready within a week or so.
Well from his first start against the Twins he looked good. Made a few mistakes but that high fastball he throws just explodes out of his hand and is almost impossible to catch up to. It is a little surprising considering that have Gonzalez in the 'pen and he's done rather well lately.

I hope to god one of those moves is Remlinger. It'll be tought though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 01:13 PM   #846
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTek33
Well from his first start against the Twins he looked good. Made a few mistakes but that high fastball he throws just explodes out of his hand and is almost impossible to catch up to. It is a little surprising considering that have Gonzalez in the 'pen and he's done rather well lately.

I hope to god one of those moves is Remlinger. It'll be tought though.
Papelbon has an electric fastball, no doubt, but I thought his offspeed stuff was lacking. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays up after this start and moves into a bullpen role. I think they would be more comfortable using him in the late innings rather than Delcarmen. Bradford just isn't working out as the 7th inning guy so maybe Papelbon could eventually assume that role.

I think Remlinger will be gone when Foulke comes back. I think when Olerud and Trot come off, it will be Petagine and Youk back to AAA. Both will obviously be back on Sept. 1st.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:19 PM   #847
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

I love getting to see him pitch again, but sending down Delcarmen to bring Pap up for a start is a little confusing.

Bigger moves coming as you said. Games like last night have a way of making you long for the Keith Foulke of last year.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #848
Rookie

Quote:
Papelbon has an electric fastball, no doubt, but I thought his offspeed stuff was lacking. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays up after this start and moves into a bullpen role. I think they would be more comfortable using him in the late innings rather than Delcarmen. Bradford just isn't working out as the 7th inning guy so maybe Papelbon could eventually assume that role.

I think Remlinger will be gone when Foulke comes back. I think when Olerud and Trot come off, it will be Petagine and Youk back to AAA. Both will obviously be back on Sept. 1st.
I thought that too. I think Bradford is doing a good job. Not great but not terrible. He dominates righties and they're going to need that with the likes of Jeter, A-Rod, and Sheffield in October.

Those moves sound about right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »