Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-22-2005, 12:33 AM   #81
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Another great game by the Red Sox pitching staff. Clement has some nasty stuff when he has his command. Anytime you shutout this Baltimore offense in back to back games you must be doing something right.

Sox have taken 7 of 8 to move into 1st in the AL East
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2005, 12:22 PM   #82
MVP

Ed_Farias's Arena

OVR: 14

Tonight, Wake in a Dome. If he can control it, the knuckler should be dancing.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:57 PM   #83
All Star

OVR: 25

That was pretty impressive watching Wells and Clement shut-out the O's on back to back nights, both going 8 innings. It was also good to see Foulke shut the door last night without too much trouble. Hopefully they keep this up at the Trop.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #84
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Gotta love Trot:

"I wasn't threatening him. I was just giving him information."

"I was giving him information about what I'd do to him if he's going to do some crap like that, you know."
Old 04-27-2005, 12:45 PM   #85
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Just heard on WEEI that Schilling is headed to the DL with an ankle bruise.

LINK

Needless to say, this is not good. Hopefully it isn't an ongoing thing. With Wade Miller coming back in a couple weeks we are equipped to handle the loss of Wells and Schilling but I don't think our rotation could hold up over a long stretch. Miller is still a question mark and Halama shouldn't be anything more than a spot starter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2005, 01:16 PM   #86
All Star

Not good. This team needs to find itself as they're just treading water right now. Good thing its still April. I'd like to see Foulke get it together soon though as last night's outing was pitiful. Last night's game was just plain pitiful.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:21 PM   #87
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Not good. This team needs to find itself as they're just treading water right now. Good thing its still April. I'd like to see Foulke get it together soon though as last night's outing was pitiful. Last night's game was just plain pitiful.
The good news is that the injuries in our pitching staff are not arm or shoulder related. Another upside is we don't have to rely on any pitcher named Wang.

Foulke is clearly struggling. He's the kind of pitcher who needs to pitch himself out of a slump and I think not pitching in the TB series and game 1 of this series really hurt him. If I'm Tito I'd be looking to get him in games on a regular basis, even if it's not a save situation. Foulke is used to pitching a lot of innings so you don't have the same burnout concerns that you would with Timlin or Embree.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:09 PM   #88
All Star

I agree about the Foulke thing. I would actually like to see him work in some non-save situations to get it going because seeing him come into a 1-run game isn't very settling.

The problem with the injuries to Wells and Schilling though is that both pitchers are up there in age and don't heal as quickly as younger players. And with Schilling, he clearly wasn't ready to go anyways from a command standpoint and this doesn't help him. Wells will also need to re-find his curve after his injury is through. Its a damn good thing they have Miller but I don't want to see them rush him back just because Schilling and Wells are on the DL.

Here's an interesting stat and one that makes my dad pull out what little hair he still has left:

Mientkiewcz - 4 home runs
Millar - 0 home runs

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »