Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-14-2005, 08:57 PM   #121
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Yeah, I hate Sox road trips out to the west coast, because personally I usually have better things to do from 10-1...like sleeping
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #122
All Star

OVR: 25

Well I stayed up late enough to see Nixon's grand slam last night that lead the Sox to the 6-3 win. At the very least, Nixon saved Manny's *** after he looked terrible at the plate, striking out with the bases loaded and only one out with the Sox down by a run. Foulke pitched a perfect ninth as well. Hopefully Wakefield can bring the Sox another series victory today against Meche and the M's. Thankfully, the game is on at 4 instead of 10.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:20 PM   #123
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Some interesting Red Sox related facts of the day:

From Jayson Stark - But history also says Foulke is one of the best bets in any bullpen to right the ship because he's been one of the most consistent relievers of all time. He has run off six straight seasons of at least 65 appearances and a sub-3.00 ERA. Want to guess how many other relievers in history have ever done that? How about zero. (Next-longest streak: four by Dan Quisenberry, John Franco and Jeff Montgomery.

From Gordon Edes of the Boston Globe - Ramirez, who broke in with the Indians in 1993 and became a regular as a rookie a year later, has a lifetime average of .314 to go along with his 400 home runs and 1,304 RBIs. There are only five players in baseball history who have 400 or more home runs and 1,300 or more RBIs, with a higher lifetime batting average than Ramirez: Ted Williams (.344), Babe Ruth (.342), Lou Gehrig (.340), Stan Musial (.331), and Jimmie Foxx (.325). They're all in the Hall of Fame; Foxx is the only righthanded hitter on that list.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:07 PM   #124
All Star

Sox lost their first series of the road trip, but Safeco has always been hard on the Sox for some reason. Now hopefully they take care of the struggling A's. Arroyo's on the mound and looking good after a 1-2-3 inning.

I wasn't aware of that stat by Foulke. I doubt he finishes the season below 3.00 this year, but hopefully he does right the ship and settle in.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:55 AM   #125
All Star

This Red Sox offense has to be the worst in the game when it comes to scoring runners from third with less than 2 outs. Twice tonight they have had a runner at third with no outs, only to have the hitters at the plate strike out. Thankfully Ortiz came through with the bases loaded to tie it up at 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2005, 11:17 AM   #126
All Star

The pitching allowed 6 last night, but I still blame the offense for their failure to execute the fundamentals. The Red Sox need to get better in that category if they want to win the division.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #127
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I missed the game last night which is probably good from the sounds of it. They need to stop leaving runners at 3rd with less than 2 outs. There's no excuse for striking out in that situation. You need to get the ball in play. This has been driving me crazy all year.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:37 AM   #128
All Star

Thank the Oakland A's for the win last night. That is why Oakland is one of the worst teams in baseball, they gave that one away. And thank you Edgar Renteria for that one out bases-loaded hit off Street. Before that hit, Bellhorn had struck out and Damon reached on a run-scoring error. They're still leaving too many on base, but hopefully this is a start. Of course, even Ortiz has been bited by the bug as he struck out to follow Renteria leaving with on third with now 2 outs.

I'm not sure what to expect from Wells this afternoon, but I'm hoping we take the series. Losing back to back series against the M's and A's is not good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »