Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-18-2005, 11:54 PM   #129
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Awful display by Wells and the Red Sox today. Thus the road trip ends with the Sox going 2-4 against Oakland and Seatle. The same two teams the once moribund Yankees are in position to go 6-0 against. If they win tonight they'll only be 3 games back of the O's and one behind the Red Sox for second in the AL East.

Hopefully the Sox bats beat up on Tim Hudson this Friday like they did last year, time to get a new streak going.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:07 AM   #130
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Definitely an awful performance by Wells last night but it was his first game back so I'll give him a mulligan.

Are we ever gonna play some home games? We have 3 at home then go right back on the road. So far we've had 24 away games and only 16 home games. That's 8 games more away from Fenway, where we went 55-26 (.679) last year and are 11-5 (.688) so far this year. We were 43-38 on the road last year so as long as we continue to play about .500 ball on the road I'd say we're in pretty good shape.

We've played fewer home games and more away games than any team in baseball. Compare that to Baltimore who have played 22 home vs 17 away and the Yankees who have played 23 home and 18 away.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #131
All Star

It will even out in the end. I must say I'd prefer the Sox play more away games in the first half of the season rather than the second half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2005, 10:48 AM   #132
All Star

Wade Miller continues to impress, and Foulke almost gives it away. I'd love to see the Sox take two out of three from Atlanta since Atlanta has always given them fits in the past.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:37 PM   #133
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

The game tonight was about as ugly as the weather. Davies pitched fantastic but Edgar getting tossed pretty much summed up the frustration of the game.

What do you guys think about Renteria right now...I hate watching this guy underachieve as he seems like a fantastic teammate and a great ballplayer. 2 more errors tonight and no luck at all with the stick. He needs to shake his slow start or it will plague him in this town, and that would be tragic.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:08 PM   #134
All Star

I'm more frustrated with Manny right now, to tell you the truth. I didn't expect big things out of Renteria's bat though I'm pretty shocked he's already almost equalled his error totals from a year ago.

Did everyone see that pitiful piece of hitting put on by Manny Ramirez in the fourth? He struck out by swinging and missing at three straight fastballs belt high right down the middle, three avereage fastballs at about 90-91. Who is this clown, and where the heck is Manny Ramirez?!
Old 05-22-2005, 05:08 PM   #135
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I'm more frustrated with Manny right now, to tell you the truth. I didn't expect big things out of Renteria's bat though I'm pretty shocked he's already almost equalled his error totals from a year ago.

Did everyone see that pitiful piece of hitting put on by Manny Ramirez in the fourth? He struck out by swinging and missing at three straight fastballs belt high right down the middle, three avereage fastballs at about 90-91. Who is this clown, and where the heck is Manny Ramirez?!
I hear you on Manny, although he's had a great day today trying to stay back and take it to right. Robbed more than once. Just put one over the bullpen so he's on his way back I hope. The clown btw was the Braves top pitching prospect, Kyle Davies. Pretty good pitcher, but Manny being that behind him was bad...real bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2005, 06:38 PM   #136
All Star

By clown I was referring to Manny, as in, that wasn't the real Manny Ramirez out there yesterday. He bounced back today, wearing Ortiz's sweatbands, and he certainly looked better. Hopefully he keeps it going. The offense as a whole still can't seem to score runners from third with less than 2 outs, which is really sad. They got away with it today and were fortunate. Usually, when you let a pitcher like Smoltz wiggle out of some early jams they'll settle in and shut you down but they were able to battle for a win. They still left a ton of men on though.

Clement pitched very well today and for the first time ever the Red Sox finally take 2 out of 3 from the Atlanta Braves at home. The Sox needed an outing like this out of Clement with Wakefield and Wells struggling and Arroyo still serving his suspension. Once this rotation gets righted, it could pretty formidable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »