Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-28-2005, 12:41 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Bottom line is intill Manny .224, Bellhorn .237, Millar .248. and Renteria .269 (though he is starting to come around) start hitting they are not going to do anything.

Tim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2005, 02:20 PM   #146
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

Good start for the Sox today.. Damon hit one off the wall to start the game, and they get him around for the run.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:37 PM   #147
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

17-1 Sox. Matt Clement pitched another solid game, Edgar Renteria went 3-3 with a homer and 5 RBI's and John Olerud went 3-6 and drove in a run in his Red Sox debut.

It may only be one game but maybe it is asign that the team is waking up. You know it was huge for the Sox to put up this kind of offense against the Yankees, especially in Yankee stadium.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:54 PM   #148
All Star

OVR: 25

It was certainly a nice rebound after blowing it last night. Hopefully they didn't use up all of their offense for the next week in this one game. Usually, when a team gets beat as bad as the Yanks just did, they come back the next day and win.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:03 AM   #149
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsox
17-1 Sox. Matt Clement pitched another solid game, Edgar Renteria went 3-3 with a homer and 5 RBI's and John Olerud went 3-6 and drove in a run in his Red Sox debut.

It may only be one game but maybe it is asign that the team is waking up. You know it was huge for the Sox to put up this kind of offense against the Yankees, especially in Yankee stadium.
It's nice to see Renteria starting to come around. Hopefully his play lately will open the gates and keep him playing at his usual self.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:28 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wells on the mound tonight...6-7 innings and i'd be happy but I'm reaching..cuz he's been horrible since he came back.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:15 AM   #151
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo1
Wells on the mound tonight...6-7 innings and i'd be happy but I'm reaching..cuz he's been horrible since he came back.
Wells had his best start of the season tonight: 8.1 innings allowing 2 runs (both in the first inning) on 6 hits striking out 2 and walking none.

Edgar Renteria continues to roll going 4-5 with a homer. In his last 4 games Renteria is 13-16 with 2 Home Runs (anyone else notice that since Renteria and Wells swaped uniform numbers that Renteria has been on a tare and Wells had his best start this year?, coincidence?...)

Good series with the Orioles coming up. The Red Sox are riding high after taking the last two from the Yankees and the Orioles are coming off being swept by the Tigers, should be an interesting series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2005, 05:07 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 2

When he gave up those two line drive homer runs I was thinkin' "here we go again", but he settled down. and man I guess its time for one of the Yanks pitcher to call Ortiz there daddy or should I say "Big Papi" LoL

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »