Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #1609
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

I really don't understand why they didn't bring Papelbon in last night. Timlin is HORRRRRRRRRRIBLE when he inherits runners, so why in the hell would you bring him in, up by 1, with runners on. Bing in papelbon and his heat and let him earn his pay.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:29 PM   #1610
MVP

OVR: 14

Wasn't it a lefty when he Timling came in? If so, and I think it was, why not Myers?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:34 PM   #1611
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

The whole lefty-righty thing is just another reason why Francona made the wrong choice. Just knowing that what...70%+ of inherited runners have scored when Timlin comes in. That's PATHETIC. He's been insane when he starts off fresh, but when he comes in with guys on, it's an automatic run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2005, 04:49 PM   #1612
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Wasn't it a lefty when he Timling came in? If so, and I think it was, why not Myers?
Because Terry Francona is a terrible manager.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:56 PM   #1613
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD0290
I never liked his in-game skills, although he definately elevated them in the playoffs. You'd think a manager who brought a world series to Boston would be untouchable, but its obvious he isnt that great of a manager. I love him off the field and the way he treats the players, but he is garbage in-game.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:08 PM   #1614
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Not surprising after Foulke didn't pitch in the 15-2 game. This bullpen desperately needs somebody to step up. I think they've been too cautious with Papelbon, Hansen and Delcarmen. These guys havn't been seen by many hitters and have the velocity to get people out. Everyone worries about "ruining" them, but realistically if a few bad performances in their rookie year ruins them, they probably wouldn't have amounted to much anyways.
I whole heartedly agree

I personally think Timlin should move back to being the setup guy, and slide Hansen in the closers role. I don't see how the media could really hang the blame on him if he has blown saves. It'd just be another brick in the wall for this years Red Sox bullpen, especially with him being a rookie.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 09-22-2005, 05:09 PM   #1615
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD0290

granted he's made questionable moves

But what he did last October will keep me from saying he is a terrible manager.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2005, 05:17 PM   #1616
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
I never liked his in-game skills, although he definately elevated them in the playoffs. You'd think a manager who brought a world series to Boston would be untouchable, but its obvious he isnt that great of a manager. I love him off the field and the way he treats the players, but he is garbage in-game.
My thoughts exactly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »