Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

To be honest, they should be sweeping ANA this weekend, as long as Wells can throw in a quality start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2005, 07:07 PM   #162
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

What are the odds of this?

Last year, on Easter, I had Field Box tickets to a game against the Blue Jays and Ortiz hit a walk-off HR. Yesterday, I had tickets to those same seats and Ortiz hits yet another walk-off.

So that's same seats, more than a year apart and the game ending the same exact way. Truly astonishing stuff. Fenway was going crazy after he hit that HR. Everyone was chanting "Papi! Papi! Papi!"
Old 06-04-2005, 02:45 AM   #163
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

The cardiac kids pull out another one 7-4 over the Angels. Foulke retired the first two batters in the 9th with no problem then proceeded to load the bases before getting Steve Finley to make the final out.

Is it too much to ask for a 1-2-3 inning from Foulke every once and a while?.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:42 PM   #164
All Star

OVR: 25

Embree has not looked good at all this season, save for maybe the first week, week and a half of the season. I think its clear the Red Sox will be looking to add a quality reliever at the trading deadline, but I'm not sure who will be out there. Is it possible Alvarez or Lester could get a shot as a left-handed reliever out of the bullpen?
Old 06-05-2005, 06:33 PM   #165
All Star

Good win today, 6-3 over the Angels and the Red Sox take 2 out of 3. It was a nice series for Mike Myers as he notched both wins and got the job done against the lefty-heavy Angels. Not the greatest homestand as the Sox went 4-3 but not a bad one. Going to St. Louis should prove far more difficult this time around than it did in October. Unfortunately, Millar is starting to hit but he'll likely be benched during the St. Louis series as Ortiz will play first base.

And with the All-Star game on the way I figured it would be worth mentioning who on this team deserves to go to Detroit. I would say the only guys that deserve to start for sure would be Varitek, Damon, and Ortiz. Nixon is right there in the mix with Ichiro, Sheffield, and Guerrero for the third outfield spot. I can't vote Manny in as a starter at thism point as most of his stats have been empty up to this point and they haven't been that great anyways. Clement deserves a look for the All-Star game starter and should make the squad regardless, though right now it seems like it's Garland's start to lose. The only reliever worth a look is Mike Timlin but its pretty hard to make the All-Star team as as set-up man unless you're absolutely dominating (like K-Rod was last year) so it is unlikely he'd make it. It would be kind of funny though to see the primary set-up man for the Red Sox make the team and not the closer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2005, 11:38 PM   #166
All Star

Two bad losses to St. Louis. Hopefully they can avoid the sweep and then take the day off Thursday. This team looks tired.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:03 AM   #167
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Two bad losses to St. Louis. Hopefully they can avoid the sweep and then take the day off Thursday. This team looks tired.
Agreed, 15 games in 15 days-they need a day off.

Another tough one tomorrow night, David Wells vs Chris Carpenter. the Cardinals got to the Red Sox best starter (Clement) maybe the Sox can get to the Cardinals best starter (Carpenter).
Old 06-08-2005, 12:10 AM   #168
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit

im reminded of francona all last october saying "They just love to play baseball"

doesn't look like that anymore

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »