Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-29-2005, 11:31 PM   #1705
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
:y4:

Not even close bub...not even close.
watever you have to tell yourself

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2005, 11:32 PM   #1706
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

How did the Twins ever let Big Papi go.

When you look up clutch in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Papi.

Another choke job by Batista. This clown is a huge waste of money.

Damm the upcoming Yanks vs. Sox series is going to be like the playoffs.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:33 PM   #1707
Pro

OVR: 5

What....a....game!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:36 PM   #1708
Rookie

OVR: 2

The Twins said he had no power..eh go figure...but he did work on his swing reason why he bats lefties and righties pretty much the same..

Old 09-29-2005, 11:40 PM   #1709
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Big assist goes to Russ Adams for this win. Apparently, he forgot he put down $1,000 on the Red Sox for the first few innings, then his bookie kindly reminded him what the deal was. What an assclown.

Ortiz is, as usual, a deity, messiah, savior, whatever you want to say, he's it.

BTW, Bill Mueller...what a choke job at bat he put forth in the 7th. Olderdude looked atrocious as well. At this point, I'd rather see Millar hit than him. He looks totally overmatched by any heat whatsoever.

I was about to write the eulogy for this team in the 6th inning, but they're still alive. I don't know how long they can continue to play with literally 2 productive hitters and question marks nearly everywhere else, but it should be fun at the very least. It should go without saying that this was an important win, but it won't matter unless they can score runs tomorrow.
One thing that is encouraging to see is that Ortiz might have heated up again, because he's been slumping for the last week or so. We know that seeing those Yankee uniforms usually brings out the best from Ortiz.

Last edited by GBrushTWood; 09-29-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:46 PM   #1710
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Big assist goes to Russ Adams for this win. Apparently, he forgot he put down $1,000 on the Red Sox for the first few innings, then his bookie kindly reminded him what the deal was. What an assclown.

Ortiz is, as usual, a deity, messiah, savior, whatever you want to say, he's it.

BTW, Bill Mueller...what a choke job at bat he put forth in the 7th. Olderdude looked atrocious as well. At this point, I'd rather see Millar hit than him. He looks totally overmatched by any heat whatsoever.

I was about to write the eulogy for this team in the 6th inning, but they're still alive. I don't know how long they can continue to play with literally 2 productive hitters and question marks nearly everywhere else, but it should be fun at the very least. It should go without saying that this was an important win, but it won't matter unless they can score runs tomorrow.
One thing that is encouraging to see is that Ortiz might have heated up again, because he's been slumping for the last week or so. We know that seeing those Yankee uniforms usually brings out the best from Ortiz.
are you a SOSH member by any chance?

thank you Ortiz, MV-effin-P
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 09-30-2005, 12:53 AM   #1711
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm not, but I've been going there for years. In fact, I was one of the very few (25 or so) that was in the chat during Schilling's first ever appearance on the site. Not sure how I managed to pull that off. Back on the ezTurd, I used to go in the chatroom a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2005, 01:33 AM   #1712
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Imagine if they had played with that sense of urgency for the past two weeks?

I want to believe something clicked in this team like in last years playoffs, but situations like leaving a runner on 3rd with no outs is going to come back to haunt them. They've been giving away too many free bases, getting into too many jams and leaving too many men on base.

All I know, is after Clement got out of the bases loaded jam in the 5th, the game felt completely different. They seemed to just get down to business. Edgar was making plays in the field, Manny took an extra base on a single, Papelbon was nails.

All I have to say is, thank god, and Minnesota, for Ortiz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »