Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #1785
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
please tell me none of my OS counterparts have that stupid card in their wallet!!
I got it, but don't carry the stupid card. By joining you got first crack to buy some tickets before the season started. You also got MLB Audio as part of it, even though the cost of the membership was less than the cost of MLB Audio. This was the main reason I got it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2005, 07:15 PM   #1786
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I got it, but don't carry the stupid card. By joining you got first crack to buy some tickets before the season started. You also got MLB Audio as part of it, even though the cost of the membership was less than the cost of MLB Audio. This was the main reason I got it.
Noooo, not you cam!!!

Haha, kidding...sounds like it worked out pretty good. You gotta admit though, that commercial is hilarious with representatives from every major country...and Johnny Damon.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:00 AM   #1787
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Looks like Theo's decision is coming today.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...n_mulls_offer/
Old 10-27-2005, 12:33 PM   #1788
All Star

OVR: 25

It would make sense for the decision to come soon, since Cashman signed yesterday and I think Epstein was probably waiting to see how that deal would turn out. Bottomline, money probably isn't that big of an issue because at 1.2 million he'll be paid well and other teams won't offer him a whole lot more. I think if he was adamant on getting 1.5 a year the Red Sox could dig a little deeper for that, whats another 300k to them anyways? It has to be about the power Epstein holds as GM with the Red Sox and hopefully they give him what he wants. I can see Lucchino becoming a target by fans and the media as someone within the Red Sox people do not like, if Epstein walks because of him.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:06 PM   #1789
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

looks like Theo is still doing some good even though he doesn't have a contract. From boston.com:

Quote:
Report: Timlin coming back
By David Lefort, Boston.com Staff

It appears Theo Epstein’s expected deal (which could be announced as soon as today) won’t be the first one struck by the Red Sox this offseason.

According to the Providence Journal’s Sean McAdam, the team reached a tentative agreement to retain relief pitcher Mike Timlin yesterday.

McAdam reported that Timlin, who set a club record with 81 appearances last year as a setup man and then as a closer, will receive a one-year deal. He made $2.75 in 2005. According to McAdam, the deal will become official early next week, when Timlin undergoes a physical.

A few days ago, the Boston Globe reported that Timlin, who will be 40 years old in March, contacted Epstein last week in an effort to start talks about a new deal to keep him in Boston. The two exchanged voice-mails, but hadn’t talked as of a few days ago, Timlin said.

''I just want to be able to do this and get this done," Timlin told the Globe at the time. ''I'm not going to say I need two years. We'll do what we can to re-sign with Boston."

Timlin also recently broke ties with his agent and is representing himself.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:08 AM   #1790
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

The Globe is reporting that Theo signed a new 3 year deal.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...year_contract/
Old 10-31-2005, 12:34 PM   #1791
All Star

OVR: 25

'bout time. Happy Halloween Sox fans.

On another note, I'd consider a Manny for Santana and Erstad if I were the Sox, though I don't think Anaheim would part with Santana. The Sox would then have to find another bat (Konerko?) if such a deal were to happen, though I'd consider it unlikely.

Last edited by Misfit; 10-31-2005 at 12:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2005, 05:51 PM   #1792
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
The Globe is reporting that Theo signed a new 3 year deal.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...year_contract/
So much for that

Happy Halloween to me

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »