Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2005, 10:43 PM   #1793
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

I blame Lucchino. I hope the fans turn on him cus I'm sick of his little games. The constantly leaking of private matters to the press, the insistance on being a part of baseball negotiations, the stupid money grabbing promotions. He's single-handidly making Boston an unattractive destination for free agent players and now his antics have cost the Red Sox a good general manager.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #1794
All Star

Theo is not coming back. I don't care what Michael Wilbon or any of the talking heads have to say, he's gone, time to move on.

Of the people being interviewed for the vacant GM position, I'd go with Dayton Moore. He's been surrounded by a good front office in the Atlanta Organization and has something to prove. I don't want Jim "I signed Christian Guzman" Bowden as the Sox GM. Of the people talked about, Moore sounds the most promising and if they don't sign him I'd say they promote someone from within the organization. As for who, I have no idea.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #1795
MVP

OVR: 14

For a big name I am hoping Ricarrdi, if not, I'll be content with Moore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #1796
Pro

OVR: 8

Is it true that Wells requested a trade out of Boston? I didn't hear nothing about this until I read this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...nnsi&type=lgns

Old 11-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #1797
All Star

Yes, he wants to go somewhere closer to home where the fans aren't all over him.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #1798
MVP

OVR: 15

If it were my choice, I'd scoop up Depodesta. I think he got the axe unfairly out west, and I like guys who are more stat oriented. I'm sure the FO could hire/find some more "scout" orriented assistants to give the management a more balanced feel.

It seems like if Moore was hired, although you can't argue with what the Braves have done, it would be a step back IMO.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 11-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #1799
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

If you would have told me 1 year ago that I'd see a headline of 'Jim Beattie talks to the local media after interviewing for the position of General Manager of the Boston Red Sox', I would have truly laughed in your face.

This all seems like a horrible nightmare. It's incredible how things fall apart so fast.

Jim F'n Beattie guys. This tool wasn't even good enough to be sole GM of the Orioles, he was co-GM with another wanker, Jim Flanagan. Just..wow. If he's hired, I'm definitely considering not being a die-hard follower of this team.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #1800
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

This whole situation makes me sick to my stomach.

from Buster Olney's blog:

Quote:
In conversation with folks in the game yesterday, this is what they hear: Theo Epstein, feeling great regret over walking away from the Red Sox job, sent feelers through channels to Boston ownership that he's interested in talking about coming back -- and so far, that overture has been rebuffed.

You could understand John Henry's predicament in this. Ownership was extremely unhappy with the way Epstein handled his contract negotiations, according to others in the game, and then by leaving abruptly, Epstein helped to create a situation in which Larry Lucchino has been damaged and pounded in the court of public opinion. To bring back Epstein now, after all that has transpired, would be another blow to Lucchino, because it would create the perception that Epstein had won out in his request for a change in how some decisions are made within the front office.

Henry could have solved this months ago, of course, if he had simply stepped in and brokered a solution between Epstein and Lucchino. But that's not his style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »