Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-16-2005, 07:37 PM   #1801
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

That's absurd. At some point, pride should be set aside for the good of the organization. Henry's loyalty to Lucchino over Epstein sickens me, as well.

Dayton Moore is out of the running for the GM position. I officially don't care who gets the job now as no one of prominence remains in the running. I know some are holding out hope for Epstein, but I think there is zero chance of him coming back (though it would be the preferred resolution).

With Cameron in San Diego, the Mets need an outfielder and maybe they'll make a push for Manny. With Cameron gone though, who do they deal?

According to the Globe, the Sox are prepared to offer Damon a three year deal worth somewhere between 25 and 27 million. I bet Boras turns it down but it would be a good deal from the perspective of the Red Sox. I'm pretty sure though that Boras is looking for something in the 4 to 5 year range worth 50 million plus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #1802
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Well with the trade for Beckett, the first domino has fallen for the Red Sox. This deal opens the door for them to start making some other moves. Any predictions?

Wells - Gets traded to SD for Roberts or bullpen help.

Manny - Isn't going anywhere.

Youkilis - 1B or could be traded

Mueller - Gone

Damon - re-signs with the Red Sox. I know it doesn't seem like he's worth it, but I see his situation as the same thing as Varitek's. A lot of other teams might want him, but realistically, who is going to pay him more than the Red Sox will? If the Yankees get Giles, Damon loses a ton of bargaining power.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #1803
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Speaking of Manny, it looks like he might be serious this time:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5104878
Old 11-22-2005, 05:37 PM   #1804
All Star

OVR: 25

I agree with all of your predictions. Despite that tidbit about Manny from Ortiz, I still don't think he's going anywhere. LA doesn't want him, so where could he go? Unless the Red Sox and Giants want to swap Manny for Bonds, there's no way he's going out West. NY is the only suitor it seems and they're hesitant to include Lastings Milledge in any deal and Manny hasn't even said if he'd play for the Mets anyways. The Red Sox are a better team with Manny and there isn't a bat out there that could replace him so I think the team forces him to suck it up and play in Boston next year.

I'm sad to say that Bill Mueller's tenure in Boston is likely over. He was a model citizen and a true proffessional during his time with the team but his knees, age, and the aquisition of Mike Lowell make Mueller's return unlikely. Lowell is possibly an upgrade over Mueller at third. His defense is just as good if not better which is a plus. His average won't be as good as Mueller's, but he makes up fot it with better power numbers. Mueller was almost strictly a singles hitter last year.

I'm not entirely comfortable with Youkilis at first, but unless the Red Sox sign Paul Konerko (doubtful) that looks like where he'll play.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:46 AM   #1805
Rookie

OVR: 4

With Boston grabbing Beckett from the Marlin fire sale, I think the sox should focus on acquirng an outfielder to become the 4th or even a starter (in case Damon really gets his 7yr deal some where else).

First trade could be:
SD trades Dave Roberts and Otsuka for David Wells

Second trade could be:
NYM trades Cliff Floyd, Aaron Heilman and Milledge for Manny and Shoppach.
or
I believe NESN proposed LAD trades JD Drew, Jeff Kent, Gagne for Manny, Foulke and Arroyo

I feel this would be the ideal circumstances.

Lineup
LF- Floyd or Drew
CF- Damon or Roberts
RF- Nixon
1st- Youks or platoon with Petagine
2nd- Pedroia or Kent
SS- Edgar
3rd- Lowell
DH- Ortiz

Rotation
Schill
Beckett
Wakes
Clement
Arroyo or Papelbon

Bullpen
Hansen
Delcarmen
Timlin
Myers
Foulke
with Heilman, Otsuka or even Gagne up in the air
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2005, 01:18 PM   #1806
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

Did anybody score Sox Pax this morning? I was able to get 4 tickets in the RF Grandstand to the Saturday Special Pack (Mariners, Orioles, Yankees, Royals).
Old 12-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #1807
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

Lucky me. Just got 4 more tickets to the Sunday Best Pack. The Sunday Best Pack is the games the day after the Saturday Special Pack.

So this season I've got tickets to:

April 15-16 vs Seattle
May 6-7 vs Baltimore
August 19-20 vs MFY
September 9-10 vs Kansas City

Good deal.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #1808
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

You did better than I did. I never even got through the waiting room. My backup plan is to travel to Toronto and Baltimore instead of buying tickets for Fenway. I usually get a bunch of free tickets from business contacts so should still make it a few times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »