Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #185
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I bet the Yankees wish they had a pitcher like him.
If we signed Rich Garces, then we could
What I'm Currently Listening To
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2005, 10:18 PM   #186
All Star

OVR: 25

1-hitter or no hitter, Wells is pitching a fine game against a strong offense.

That was a shot by Manny in the 7th, you don't see many home run balls hit to that section of the Monster.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:55 AM   #187
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

7-0 final. Great pitching performence by David Wells, 0 runs 1 hit 2 walks and 5 strikeouts. Lets see if Bronson Arroyo can rebound from his terrible start against the Cubs last friday and keep the winning streak going.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:14 AM   #188
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Nothing like a series against the Reds to get your team going. We outscored them 23-4 in 3 games. I went to the game last night and sat in the roof box behind 1B, 1st row. It was damn cold up there last night compared to Monday's game. Only in New England can I go to a game in 90 degree weather and 50 degree weather in the same week.

It's tough to get excited about this series because the Reds are just terrible, but a win's a win. Hopefully we keep it going through the weekend.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:12 AM   #189
All Star

OVR: 25

I was out of state the past few days but that was a nice series vs the Reds. They needed to take two out of three and they got the sweep instead. They basically need to do the same vs the Pirates and got that off to a nice start last night with a walk-off 6-5 win. Foulke is showing signs of life as well. It was frustrating though to see the Sox fail to score Renteria after he lead off the 8th with a triple. Ortiz popped up and Jay Payton, pinch hitting for Nixon, hit into an inning ending double play. That certainly won't make him attractive to other teams looking to deal for an outfielder.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:02 AM   #190
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I didn't think the Sox were trying to trade Payton. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any reason to. He's been reliable all year, can play all three OF positions, and has been a good locker room addition, don't know why we would trade him.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:15 AM   #191
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
I didn't think the Sox were trying to trade Payton. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any reason to. He's been reliable all year, can play all three OF positions, and has been a good locker room addition, don't know why we would trade him.
He asked to be traded, but I can't see them doing so at this point. They don't have a 4th outfielder without him. With Trot's knee injury, Damon constantly being banged up and Manny due for his mid-summer hamstring vacation, they need a reliable MLB caliber 4th outfielder that can hit LH pitching. Adam Stern isn't the answer because he can't hit lefties, so they'd either need to acquire one in a trade or talk Kapler into returning from Japan. Neither seem likely since Kapler has been awful and they have more important things to worry about, such as the bullpen, in the trade market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #192
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Really? Man I missed that thing(Payton asking to be traded) but I'm not surprised. Well, actually I think I am because he used to be fine with his role, but I don't see him getting his wish. Once the summer and fall roll around and he actually finds himself in a playoff race, and feels the intensity that players feel in boston during a playoff push, Im hoping he'll cheer up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »