Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-22-2005, 01:39 PM   #225
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Is Hanley alreadu up at Pawtucket?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 01:42 PM   #226
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Is Hanley alreadu up at Pawtucket?
Nope. Hanley is on the DL with a strained back, as of June 11th. Another interesting note: Pedroia had a big hit in last nights Sea Dogs game, with Theo in attendance:

"Sea Dogs second baseman Dustin Pedroia, another prime prospect, tied the game in the eighth with a two-run homer off the message board in left-center."

http://sports.mainetoday.com/seadogs...0622dogs.shtml
Old 06-22-2005, 02:45 PM   #227
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I just read both P's scouting reports for the first time(Pedroia and Papelbon) and damn, combined with Ramirez, Ellsbury and Hansen(once those two get started) we're going to have a strong team in the future. Add in Abe Alvarez and you got two guys who could easily be a great R-L combo in the rotation, plus a Damon-clone, a "potential 5-tool talent" in Hanley, and a guy like Pedroi in the lineup, with hansen Setting Up or closing out games...I'm pumped for a couple of years.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #228
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
I just read both P's scouting reports for the first time(Pedroia and Papelbon) and damn, combined with Ramirez, Ellsbury and Hansen(once those two get started) we're going to have a strong team in the future. Add in Abe Alvarez and you got two guys who could easily be a great R-L combo in the rotation, plus a Damon-clone, a "potential 5-tool talent" in Hanley, and a guy like Pedroi in the lineup, with hansen Setting Up or closing out games...I'm pumped for a couple of years.
Yup, things look promising right now. As we know, nobody is a sure thing and there could be trades, but you have to love how we've overhauled or minor league system in just a few years. Barring trades, I think Hanley, Pedroia, Papelbon, Hansen and possibly Lester will all have an opportunity to contribute on next years team.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:18 AM   #229
All Star

OVR: 25

A very nice win tonight. I was impressed with Embree when he got out of that bases loaded no-out jam without allowing a run, though I'll try and forget about his work the following inning. Nice to see guys like Olerud, Payton and Renteria contribute to a win. This team is starting to come together. If they can get some bullpen help and Schilling comes back strong they should have a good second half.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:46 AM   #230
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Yup, things look promising right now. As we know, nobody is a sure thing and there could be trades, but you have to love how we've overhauled or minor league system in just a few years. Barring trades, I think Hanley, Pedroia, Papelbon, Hansen and possibly Lester will all have an opportunity to contribute on next years team.
If Manny Delcarmen continues to progress from his arm injury, he could truly be a power arm out of the pen in 2 years. For this year's team, I can't believe Marc Deschenes in Portland hasn't been called up yet. He's got a great sinker and command of all his pitches, closing and setting up whenever needed.

I'm actually bummed Pedroia got called up since I'm planning on going to a Sea Dogs game in July! He's getting called up this year IMO and could even hit high in the order and start at second by opening day next year. If Ellsbury and Hansen sign soon enough, I'm going to watch them with the Spinners if they're assigned to Lowell for the summer. That's how stoked I am about our system, I'm with you guys!
Old 06-23-2005, 09:57 AM   #231
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Nice to see guys like Olerud, Payton and Renteria contribute to a win.
Absolutely. Huge games for all three. Last night was one of those games where everybody chipped in. Embree getting out of that jam really kept them in the game. Foulke made me a little nervous in the 9th when Hafner crushed one foul but he made some good pitches and got the save.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2005, 10:01 AM   #232
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
I'm actually bummed Pedroia got called up since I'm planning on going to a Sea Dogs game in July! He's getting called up this year IMO and could even hit high in the order and start at second by opening day next year.
Same here! I'm going to 2 Sea Dogs games in July. Hopefully the team is still intact. This is what Theo said about Pedroia:

''We had been planning for an All-Star break move [to Pawtucket], but with Edgar Renteria's wrist a little sore we wanted to see sooner rather than later how he'd adjust to a higher level,"

Sounds like they also were waiting for Hanley to come off the DL. Will Pedroia still be able to play in the AA All-Star game? It's being played in Portland this year so it would be a shame if he missed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »