Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #273
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Bellhorn hit a blast. Its homer central this weekend.
Manny has so many assists because people STILL give him no credit and think they can burn his arm. Trot Nixon is no Johnny Damon with the arm either.
Yup, teams keep testing him and he keeps throwing them out. It also helps that he plays in Fenway, where he can play very shallow due to the wall.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:29 PM   #274
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

How did that one go out? Manny hits a routine fly ball to right and gets a grand slam. He's now tied with Eddie Murray for the 2nd most grand slams ever at 19, 4 behind Gehrig.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #275
MVP

OVR: 14

WOW! That was hilarious. First of all, Manny IS back and hitting as good as ever. Second, I don't know whose reaction to that grand slam was funnier, Myers of Manny. We are playing flawlessly right now and it follows manny's World Series guarentee. If we were slumping then the dopes at FSN wouldnt stop talking about how that guarentee hurt us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2005, 03:41 PM   #276
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
WOW! That was hilarious. First of all, Manny IS back and hitting as good as ever. Second, I don't know whose reaction to that grand slam was funnier, Myers of Manny. We are playing flawlessly right now and it follows manny's World Series guarentee. If we were slumping then the dopes at FSN wouldnt stop talking about how that guarentee hurt us.
Some more fun Manny stats.
- Since June 11th his batting average has gone up in 11 of 12 games. The only one it didnt was the game he got beaned and left 0-1.
- His Avg on June 11th was .248. As of yesterday it was .275
- He has 7 multi-hit games during that 2 week stretch and is batting .409 with 7 HR's and 17 RBI, not counting today.
- He is tied with David Ortiz for the AL lead in RBI's at 65
Old 06-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #277
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Some more fun Manny stats.
- Since June 11th his batting average has gone up in 11 of 12 games. The only one it didnt was the game he got beaned and left 0-1.
- His Avg on June 11th was .248. As of yesterday it was .275
- He has 7 multi-hit games during that 2 week stretch and is batting .409 with 7 HR's and 17 RBI, not counting today.
- He is tied with David Ortiz for the AL lead in RBI's at 65
Also, he rocks that do-rag far better than Dimitri Young does.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:38 PM   #278
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
My feeling on the Schmidt talks is they are just keeping communication open in case Schilling suffers a setback. While Schilling is talking and acting like he is back to 100%, that may not be the case. One thing Theo has excelled at since becoming the Red Sox GM, is keeping our options open.

I think if Schilling is healthy, Schmidt in the rotation is just too much, unless they plan on dealing Arroyo.
A lot of people feel that Arroyo would be perfect in middle relief for us, and has shown that he is in the playoffs last year. Personally, I think we can get an arm or two for the pen and trade Arroyo now while his stock is high and his salary is low. If we put him in the bullpen, his trade value could take a hit. When he's healthy, Jason Schmidt has phenominal stuff, even better than Wade Miller. It's no secret Theo wants to get younger and if Schmidt can regain his Cy Young form, I'm going to keep pushing for this guy. If we can keep the key prospects, Zito could get all the attention in a few weeks while we take a big salary off the Giants hands nice and quietly...maybe.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:37 PM   #279
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

^^ Right. We already have somewhat of a logjam at starter with Schilling on the verge of being activated. I can't see how any person can think that regaining Schilling can somehow hurt the momentum of this team. He's the friekin ace. Maybe if he's still not 100% and not throwing > 91.
As of right now, acquiring Schmidt does not solve the real problems of this team: middle relief, long relief, and utility infielder.

Fortunately, these are all fixable problems. Whether they go inside the organization (Dinardo, Malaska to replace Embree, Alvarez to replace Dalai-Halama, and Machado to replace Vazquez) or outside (re-acquire Pokey Reese from Seattle? Ron Villone, Jeremy Affeldt?) remains to be seen. I'm confident Theo will make the appropriate move and improve this team even more.

Right now, I don't see any team beating the 2005 Red Sox, especially in Fenway Park. Honestly, can anybody envision a team coming into Fenway and putting away the Red Sox? I just can't right now. The White Sox do not scare me (just keep Podsednik off the bases). IMO, their good fortune with their punch and judy offense will eventually balance out. I just can't see their SP holding up in the dog days, especially in that ballpark known for its offense. And the bullpen? Hermanson is Hermanson. You can coat and paint a turd all you want, it's still a turd. Hermanson ain't that great.

IMO, Boston, Chicago WS, and Anaheim will all be in the playoffs. The real interesting part should be who gets that final wild card spot. Right now, it seems to be a dogfight between Minnesota, Texas, and Baltimore. If the Yankees can get above .500, then they can be considered too.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #280
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

One thing people seem to forget about putting Wakefield in the bullpen is Wakefield has converted 22 out of 30 Save oppertunities in his career, so Wakefield has had success coming out of the pen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »