Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-28-2005, 12:35 PM   #305
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Don't worry the guy in front of me got on Nixon for a bit, but he left the next inning(bottom of the 7th) so he didn't have a lot of time to bash Nixon.

And Bellhorn has been very good defensively this year, and I was in the bleachers so i'm sure other parts of the stadium where it was drunken just-out-of-college kids weren't ragging on him as bad. It was a very costly play, but come on, unless this sends us into a 20 game losing streak, there isn't much to hate about Bellhorn right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2005, 11:39 PM   #306
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

When you're topping out at 85 mph and only have a change up in your bag of tricks, don't expect to blow Travis Hafner away on 0-2. Foulke is just no good anymore, even if he hits his spots he's got a BP fastball lately and when you can sit on it, don't expect to fool too many people with the off speed stuff. He pitched nearly every night and multiple innings every outing in the playoffs and was gold, I can't figure out what's different this year for him.

Watching Eck in the post-game, I agree with everything he says. "You want a guy that blows people away and even when he gets it done, you worry about him." "Too many guys have good swings and good hits off Keith Foulke...everyone's on him." True, true...

For the love of Portland's closer, would somebody please callup Marc Deschenes. I know he's not a bonus baby and he's already 32 but the guy hasn't been touched for a year and a half...he can really boost this bullpen right now. And unlike a Cla Meredith, he's ready to contribute.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:40 PM   #307
All Star

OVR: 25

Yuck, bad loss tonight. Keith Foulke just cannot get it going this season. I also don't think he can be trusted with more than one inning at this point, if he can even be trusted with one.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:45 PM   #308
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Yuck, bad loss tonight. Keith Foulke just cannot get it going this season. I also don't think he can be trusted with more than one inning at this point, if he can even be trusted with one.
Keith Foulke is broken friends.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:02 AM   #309
MVP

OVR: 14

I went to the game Showcase Cinemas today and had a great time. I got a free awesome shirt, a free keychain, and a free box of mints thing for trivia during commercials and stuff, and a free autograph from Bob Montgomery, and a free coke and large popcorn, and the whole thing cost me 7 bucks. I did call Foulke blowing it to the whole place and unfotunately I was right. I did sit near Lou Merloni's family though.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:33 AM   #310
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

As much as I hate to say it, we have to keep feeding Foulke the ball in the 9th. I don't agree with bringing him into the game in the 8th, but he's been more reliable that MM or Embree, so it's a respectable decision, but you can't suddenly lose all trust in Foulke/ Last year he was the difference between losing in the playoffs and winning the world series, because the closer-by-commitee approach of two years ago and the switching closers mid-season strategy doesn't work. The only thing the Sox can do is continue to show they trust Foulke and hope he gets it back on track, and I'm confident he will.

The problem is we don't have anyone to come in for the 7th/8th other than Timlin and when he has an off-night the bullpen is screwed. That guy has been the only gem in the pen, tonight was the first appearence he'd allowed more than two runs(in 34 tries) and his ERA is still 1.64. We need another arm in the pen to come in for the 8th, so Foulke doesn't have to.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:56 AM   #311
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Exactly Longhorn. Arroyo would have been real helpfuly last night coming out of the pen. Hurry back Schill!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #312
All Star

OVR: 25

He's (Schilling) making his first rehab start tonight, hopefully everything goes well in Charlotte for him. This pen definitly needs some help.

Right now the Sox are on top 5-2 in the bottom of the 8th, I wonder who gets the ball in the 9th today? I would guess Timlin, unless a bunch of lefties are coming up, then you could see Myers go for the save.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »