Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-29-2005, 04:50 PM   #313
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
He's (Schilling) making his first rehab start tonight, hopefully everything goes well in Charlotte for him. This pen definitly needs some help.

Right now the Sox are on top 5-2 in the bottom of the 8th, I wonder who gets the ball in the 9th today? I would guess Timlin, unless a bunch of lefties are coming up, then you could see Myers go for the save.
I'm guessing Mantei. He's been warming and Timlin pitched last night. Boone, Cora and Peralta are due.

EDIT - I was wrong, it's Timlin. I totally missed the 8th inning. I hate listening to the game at work.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:04 PM   #314
All Star

OVR: 25

Timlin gets the save in slightly dramatic fashion as the Indians got two consecutive hits with 2 outs in the 9th to bring the tieing run to the plate in Casey Balke but he flew out to center.

Its nice to see another solid outing from Wakefield. Hopefully this run he's on lasts for awhile as we've seen him get into some nice streaks (and some bad ones) in his career. Toronto is going to be tough since they have Lilly, Halladay, and Chacin in line to pitch this weekend.

Mirabelli's homer was of epic proportions, that ball was crushed!
Old 06-29-2005, 11:56 PM   #315
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Schilling threw 78 pitches, 54 for strikes, in the 5 innings he pitched during his rehab start. He got the W, and went a solid five. He gave up 5 hits, 1 ER, walked one and struck out three.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2097547
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #316
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Schilling threw 78 pitches, 54 for strikes, in the 5 innings he pitched during his rehab start. He got the W, and went a solid five. He gave up 5 hits, 1 ER, walked one and struck out three.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2097547
That's a very good sign. He also was getting his fastball up to 92, which is excellent considering he hasn't pitched in 2 months.

Here's the Globe Article:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...for_schilling/
Old 06-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #317
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Eastern league all-stars were announced.

http://www.easternleague.com/

6 Sea Dogs made the team: Papelbon, Lester, Hanley, Moss, Perez and Sandberg. Pedroia should've gone as well, but I guess couldn't because of his callup.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:05 PM   #318
MVP

OVR: 15

We've got some pretty nice prospects right now, I wouldn't mind adding a pitcher of Schmidt's calibre for a couple young guys right now.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 06-30-2005, 11:07 PM   #319
All Star

OVR: 25

Thats definitly nice to see. I personally want them to hang onto most of their prospects. The major league team is old and they need to start gettig younger. Trading away prospects for aging players isn't going to help much.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:33 AM   #320
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

I haven't been following it too much, but what's the word on a potential added arm for the bullpen before the deadline?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but if the Sox come up with a possible deal for Burnett... any chance they could throw in some extra guys in order for the Marlines to throw in Mota, who I've heard their aren't 100% thrilled with?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »