Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-07-2005, 01:16 PM   #377
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
You and me both. Now Damon is calling for Timlin or Arroyo to be the new closer, saying Schil isn't ready and Tito is dogging the guys in the pen that were "bypassed" in the decision. My opinion of all this...there's a lot of guys in contract years and with players taking sides like this, it can't be good for the chemistry of this club. He then went on to back Millar and Bellhorn.
I read that. Pretty dumb comments by Damon. First, Arroyo said he preferred to stay in the rotation. Second, Schilling is not the closer at this point. Timlin will be the closer for the time being while Schilling will be in the bullpen. If Timlin does well, I can't see them taking him out of that role.

Quote:
In a move that excites me, Manny Delcarmen was promoted to Pawtucket and pitched 2 innings of scoreless relief in his debut at McCoy. Great to see him bouncing back from arm surgery and getting closer to the show.
I like Delcarmen as well. Gammons said on WEEI last week that he could be the next Francisco Rodriguez in terms of jumping up to the majors and succeeding. I think that is pretty optimistic, but he could be a solid contributer in the future.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #378
MVP

OVR: 14

YES! Please trade Millar. I have been pushing for this for a while now, and when Olerud came on-board my hopes were raised. Do it!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #379
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I like Delcarmen as well. Gammons said on WEEI last week that he could be the next Francisco Rodriguez in terms of jumping up to the majors and succeeding. I think that is pretty optimistic, but he could be a solid contributer in the future.
Wow, if he pans out like that I'll be singing his praises till I'm blue in the face. At the very least with a strong fastball and the best curve in the system he's going to be a great power arm out of the pen. Originally projected as a # 2 starter, but with the surgery, he seems poised to make a difference towards the end of games.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #380
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

the Hartford Courant is reporting that the Red Sox have DFA'd Jay Payton and he will likely be traded. This along with the Scott Cassidy move makes me think something is in the works.

http://www.courant.com/sports/baseba...lines-breaking
Old 07-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #381
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
the Hartford Courant is reporting that the Red Sox have DFA'd Jay Payton and he will likely be traded. This along with the Scott Cassidy move makes me think something is in the works.

http://www.courant.com/sports/baseba...lines-breaking
And if Kapler is on a plane like I think he is, we get some bullpen help or a prospect for virtually nothing. Great move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #382
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
And if Kapler is on a plane like I think he is, we get some bullpen help or a prospect for virtually nothing. Great move.
The things that have me confused are this:

- Damon has tonight off so who plays CF?
- What are we going to do with Adam Stern?
- Why call up Scott Cassidy?

I get the feeling that today is a busy day for the Red Sox front office. Should be interesting to see what comes out of this.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #383
MVP

OVR: 14

Wait a sec, Kapler on his way back and Payton being traded is confirmed?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:13 PM   #384
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Wait a sec, Kapler on his way back and Payton being traded is confirmed?
Both are unconfirmed but the Red Sox designated Payton for assignment which means they need to trade, release or send him to the minors in the next 10 days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »