Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2005, 01:01 AM   #409
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

The Yomiuri Giants have put Gabe Kapler on waivers, and once he passes through them, he'll be eligible to sign with Red Sox on the 15th. Looks like Stern needs to make a pretty quick first impression, or he's going back to Atlanta.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #410
All Star

OVR: 25

Johnny Pesky's wife, Ruth, has passed away at age 82. Poor Johnny. At least they got to share in a World Series victory last October.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:07 PM   #411
Pro

OVR: 8

Matos is owning us in the field

Last edited by bsbllstr876; 07-09-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 09:28 PM   #412
All Star

OVR: 25

Today's game fell apart with his catch. Now the best the Sox can hope for is to split the 4 game series.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:47 PM   #413
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Today's game fell apart with his catch. Now the best the Sox can hope for is to split the 4 game series.
with how the past couple days have trasnpired I'll consider that a win overall
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-09-2005, 11:04 PM   #414
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Man what has been going on the last few days with them after such a great hot strea. Since I'm not in Boston, have any Sox fans been hearing any major problems in the clubhouse after Damon's comments? I know he talked with Francona but telling Damon to keep quiet can't take back anything he said.

Does anyone think the clubhouse chemistry has been a cause of the poor play for the last few days?

Old 07-09-2005, 11:10 PM   #415
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

By the way, to comment on Schilling as a closer, I personally like the move if they do it right.

No one knows how his ankle will hold up and to minimize the risk is to keep him out there as little as possible while still using him as a key player to end games. I think he can be a dominant closer with his great fastball and splitter but many have said that he won't be able to warm up effectively unlee he throws for a while before that, which will be tricky for Francona to predict whether he'll need him later on in the game.

What I think they should do is every other day or every 3rd game they have with a lead, use him as a 2-3 inning closer and on the off days, let Timlin pitch the late innings.

If the Red Sox can win games with their rotation without him, he could be a great asset in the bullpen. He's already proven enough as a starter, now he needs to show he was the real difference maker and bring them another ring.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2005, 04:33 PM   #416
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

Tough game for the Sox today, they could not get the offense rolling. One bright spot was Damon extending his hitting streak to 26 going into the break.

Wakefield pitched a good game with the exception of Raffy's HR but with 1 run of offesne, today was not their game.

Luckily for us Yanks fans, we picked up a game on you guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »