Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-19-2005, 04:44 PM   #561
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

I'd do that J.C. Romero for Mueller deal in a second. Mueller is a free agent after this year, while Romero signed a two year contract in January. Plus, Youkilis just needs a chance to play everyday and I think he can be a pretty good third basemen, even though he doesn't have a lot of power. Neither does Mueller right now though.

The Overbay deal I'm more hesitant about though. Mostly because I don't want to give up Lester, who as a 21 year old in AA has more strikeouts than walks and hits combined, which is pretty impressive. Mickey Hall shows real good plate discipline and the best power in our system, so I rather not give him up either. Shoppach and Millar I don't care about. If we could replace Hall and Lester with maybe Dave Murphy (who's starting to come around in AA) and a couple other pitching prospects, who are good, but aren't real good. Maybe like Abe Alvarez and Dave Pauley.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 05:09 PM   #562
MVP

OVR: 15

I wish Sheets hadn't signed that long term deal in the Spring. It would have made this deadline all the more interesting had he not.

It doesn't look like their will be any major moves throughout baseball (Unless you call Burnett being traded major) this July because of so many teams still in contention.

I am assuming the FO isn't looking inward at pitchers in the minors for the reason they don't believe they are read/can be effective at the ML level quite yet.

I see that Grafinino is being thrown around.....I haven't looked at his numbers but I'd just as soon stay with Cora.

The only player I'd consider parting with a top prospect for is Soriano, but no one is sure on his age last I heard.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-19-2005, 05:13 PM   #563
All Star

OVR: 25

I don't want to sound like I'm conceding the season, but I'd rather the Sox hang onto their top prospects and not make the playoffs than trade them away for some help. This team can win as is if it plays to its potential and Foulke and Schilling come back strong. They should try to add to the bullpen if an option is out there but not at the cost of one of the best players in the system.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #564
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

2 moves to report

- DFA'd Alan Embree.

- Traded Scott Cassidy to SD for Adam Hyzdu
Old 07-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #565
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I don't want to sound like I'm conceding the season, but I'd rather the Sox hang onto their top prospects and not make the playoffs than trade them away for some help. This team can win as is if it plays to its potential and Foulke and Schilling come back strong. They should try to add to the bullpen if an option is out there but not at the cost of one of the best players in the system.
I've been afraid to say the same thing, but you're right because of the sole fact that no one out there can punch our ticket to the series if we acquire him in the next two weeks. Why not call one of them up and see what they can do instead? AJ was well worth exploring but not worth Lowell's contract, Wagner probably isn't gonna happen, ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #566
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Another move:

Red Sox trade minor leaguers Chip Ambres and Juan Cedeno to KC for Tony Graffanino.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:10 PM   #567
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Another move:

Red Sox trade minor leaguers Chip Ambres and Juan Cedeno to KC for Tony Graffanino.
Very good move. We get a second basemen with a .769 OPS for a guy who's never going to get a shot with Boston, and a reliever in High A who has trouble staying consistant.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:16 PM   #568
All Star

OVR: 25

Oh boy, Hyzdu's back. He must just be insurance in case Kapler doesn't work out. Graffanino adds depth for a fair price but he certainly isn't going to be much of a difference maker out there.

And I agree about Burnett being worth a look. He's the only guy out there one could reason sending a good prospect for, just because he's young and he's proven himself at the major league level. However, he has had arm problems and is in the final year of his contract so you don't know how long he'll be around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »