Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-21-2005, 04:10 PM   #585
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
The latest I heard is that the 3-way trade could include Millar going to Minnesota as well. I'm not sure why they think Millar and Mueller will solve their offensive struggles but that's their problem.
I know, seriously...please, take them! They'll be gone by next year anyway, the fact that they could have value and yield that package is amazing.

Quote:
I think the holdup in this is the Red Sox reluctance to take Lowell and that Florida wants Lohse, not Mays. However, it's been rumored that negotiations are now taking place on the ownership level between Henry and Loria, who have a good relationship.
Great news regarding the owners coming together.

Quote:
If the Red Sox can get Burnett, Lowell and Romero for Millar, Mueller and Arroyo, I think that's a deal you have to make.
Agreed. My only questions are 1. How much do they pay towards Lowell (who I think could be a pleasant surprise here in Boston) and 2. Who are the players included in the "and prospects" part of the deal as it was worded on ESPN Insider? As of now, this sounds like a STEAL in my book, and I've been hesitant to accept Lowell's contract.

I'll be anxious to see how this proceeds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #586
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
The latest I heard is that the 3-way trade could include Millar going to Minnesota as well. I'm not sure why they think Millar and Mueller will solve their offensive struggles but that's their problem.

I think the holdup in this is the Red Sox reluctance to take Lowell and that Florida wants Lohse, not Mays. However, it's been rumored that negotiations are now taking place on the ownership level between Henry and Loria, who have a good relationship.

If the Red Sox can get Burnett, Lowell and Romero for Millar, Mueller and Arroyo, I think that's a deal you have to make.
I have to agree.

Burnett's stuff is better than Arroyo's, and I feel Burnett might ned Tek to reach that ace potential that he has.(Think matt Clement)
Lowell is better than Mueller, IMO. He may not be having a better season, but in Fenway I'd expect him to get a lot more hits because of the Monster, plus he'd be playing in a lot better line-up than Floridas.
Getting Romero for Millar would be a blessing, as well.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #587
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't see Lowell as even close to as good as Mueller offensively.

Mueller 2005: .281/.382/.399
Lowell 2005: .230/.281/.351

Is the upgrade from Arroyo to Burnett and Bullpen Crap Pitcher X to Romero worth the downgrade from Mueller to Lowell? I have no idea.

When you factor in the financial opportunity cost of acquiring Lowell (stuck with him for 2 more years, no spot for Youkilis at 3B, crappy salary), there is no easy answer. Acquiring Romero would be appetizing, but I just don't see how renting Burnett for 2 months over Arroyo (and his cheapness) makes this a deal to make.

Another thing to consider: Mueller and Millar are some of the most well liked players in the club house, this is a known fact. Moving both of these guys in the middle of the season might be a questionable manuever from a chemistry standpoint. I don't truly have a problem with moving Millar, but moving Mueller would be tough to stomach, especially for a guy like Lowell..
Old 07-21-2005, 11:26 PM   #588
All Star

OVR: 25

Got a good one going tonight in the windy city. Here's hoping they hang on.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #589
MVP

OVR: 15

I don't care what people say about it being to early to call. But the "Shut Schill Down For The Year" campaign is growing by the second in my head.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #590
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Blown save number 2, in three chances. Luckily it's only the 8th inning and we have time to pull it out. I don't understand why they sent Schilling in for thr 8th, kind of took me by surprise.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:14 AM   #591
MVP

dust247's Arena

OVR: 14

Its Manny time!!! I think Manny Ramirez(sp?) just hit a homer to put the BoSoxs up by 1. Come on Boston please when this game! Score 6 to 5 (top of the 9th)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2005, 12:22 AM   #592
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Good win for the Red Sox against a very tough pitcher. Buehrle's defense didn't help him out at all and the Sox took advantage. Schilling looked much better in his 2nd inning of work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »