Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-22-2005, 12:23 AM   #593
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Blown save number 2, in three chances. Luckily it's only the 8th inning and we have time to pull it out. I don't understand why they sent Schilling in for thr 8th, kind of took me by surprise.
Schill just wanted to get the win.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:10 AM   #594
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I can understand that...

For an "off-year"(as some people have called it) Manny's having a damn good season.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:26 AM   #595
All Star

OVR: 25

Actually, thats Schilling's first blown save of the year. His first relief appearance where he sufferred the loss to New York was not in a save situation.

Schilling's stuff is starting to come around. The split her left in on Rowand was a bad split, but the pitch Crede drove to right was just poor pitch selection. I believe that one was clocked at 94 on the gun so it wasn't a velocity problem. His split looked much better in his second inning of work and the results were there. So far thats been his porblem, finding his splitter. They're either sharp and diving or they tend to "pop" out of his hand and hang over the plate.

That ball Manny hit was crushed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #596
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Good perspective for those pleading Theo for a move to calm you down before the deadline!

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal..._not_long_ago/
Old 07-22-2005, 12:53 PM   #597
MVP

dust247's Arena

OVR: 14

I hope Boston can sweep Chicago. And if the Twins can take 4 out of 5 from the Tigers that would put the Twins in good shape to make a come back. Lets Go Boston...Lets Go!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 01:36 PM   #598
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Good perspective for those pleading Theo for a move to calm you down before the deadline!

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal..._not_long_ago/

Bill Simmons also has a column worth reading about the very same thing on the ESPN main page.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #599
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

A very good article. I honestly think that if we could get Burnett/Romero/Lowell without giving up any of our big prospects, we'll be set for a long post-season run.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #600
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
A very good article. I honestly think that if we could get Burnett/Romero/Lowell without giving up any of our big prospects, we'll be set for a long post-season run.
And giving up guys like Mueller and Millar is all the sweeter since they won't be on the roster next year anyway. Also, it mitigates the risk of signing Burnett since the compensation pick he'd provide is still worth the rental since our future nucleus is intact. If AJ can come and win here, I'm sure Boston would make him a very competitive offer anyway.

Recent rumors have a deal for AJ potentially leading to a swap for Wagner once we get him...if, of course a deal was ever struck. Makes you wonder why you wouldn't target Wagner in the first place with Lowell's contract on the line?? Not sure how I feel about that. (probably won't have to know anyway, but still)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »